PC Vs Consoles

FreezerBurn

Mar 17, 2020
While I enjoy online games on PC and always will, I do understand why some people play these games on console. For a large chunk of the population finds consoles easier to use and more readily accessible. As for me, I will enjoy my PC and all its RGB glory.

Jan 15, 2020
They are, and always will be, played better on PC BUT console pvp is good too, they each have their own reasons for being a good way to pvp.

As someone who does pretty well using a controller on PC to play pvp in games like Destiny 2 or COD id say PC has a definite advantage with the whole kb/m set up. Everything is faster on pc MP than console, also different weapons are more viable on PC than console as well.

A console pvp arena just seems more idk, balanced? Its a lot easier to cheat on a PC than a console, but having tested Destiny 2 pvp on PC and console, it seems everything is a little more slower on console, which is good for a lot of players.

Reactions: FreezerBurn

Frindis

Jan 14, 2020
There are some advantages to using a PC, but when it all comes down to it, all that really matters is a personal preference. Saying that, there is one game that I can think of that is just vastly better on a controller and that is Rocket League. I'm solid on mouse/keyboard and even if my glory days using a controller were back in the PS2 era, I'm still doing much better in that game with a controller. Now, I could just use a controller with my PC also, so that is also something to take into consideration.

Reactions: FreezerBurn
Dec 7, 2020
One game where you actually have an advantage while using a controller on PC is Destiny 2 (more aim assist etc).

The new console generations have closed the gap a decent amount in terms of power and FPS (thanks to HDMI 2.1), although obviously PC will always be ahead in those aspects. You can then look at things like community, ease of access (financially or simplicity, etc), and probably the biggest factor for some people: what they're used to. If someone grew up gaming on Xbox or Playstation, and they've stuck with one of those for generations, they're going to forgive most of the shortcomings that come along with console gaming vs PC.

I myself recently transitioned back from console to PC (kind of - I play on a gaming laptop not a PC). Even then, a lot of the games I play are the type of stuff I would have played on console and I end up using a controller for those (at least some of them are via Gamepass - I love that!).

In the end, gaming is gaming. I embrace it all....I play games on my mobile as well - even more so now that I can access Gamepass games on my mobile and connect my Xbox controller via Bluetooth. You can point at flaws but at the end of the day I'm sure you can find at least something you like everywhere :)

Reactions: Brian Boru

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts