PC Upgrading

Jan 13, 2021
Hey, so I'm looking do some upgrading on my current build. Ive been noticing I get frame drops fairly often gaming and Id like to try and get more consistency. Here are my current PC spec: What do you think the first thing i should address is ? My rig is a pre build from Ibuypower

CaseiBUYPOWER Slate MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 120mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video CardAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 8GB (VR-Ready)
MotherboardGIGABYTE X570 GAMING X -- ARGB Header (2), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (4 Rear, 2 Front)
Power Supply600 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Primary Hard Drive1 TB ADATA SU800 SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Sep 21, 2020
What games are you having issues with? Nothing jumps out as bad. Have you tried tweaking the settings of the game? Often minor tweaks can yield very good results. Outside of that have you checked your temps, maybe your getting to hot? You can use a program like Speccy to see if that is the issue. I know it's probably not, but never hurts to check. Try running some benchmarks too see if anything jumps out.

Oct 2, 2020
given the spec, as above double check there's no actual part issue, but it could be as simple as background applications running whilst gaming affecting the performance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts