Question Pc Keeps restarting

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
My boyfriend just finished building my pc only problem is it keeps restarting like 3 minutes into a game. Don't know about computers like that. If anyone can just give me instructions on how to fix it that would be great.

Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Driver version 461.92
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
15.95 GB Ram

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Common things to check for:
- temperatures for CPU and GPU?
- is everything seated correctly? Try resitting RAM sticks and see if problem persists
- what's your PSU? Could be your PSU is not good enough or is known to have problems under stress
- run some benchmarks. Do crashes happen during them too? What about other apps?

Just things from the top of my head.

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Check your RAM
First of all check and figure out whether all of your RAMs are working fine. replace one by one and check all.
Check your CPU,GPU
Check the performance of your CPU during a game. Check the CPU & GPU temperature as well. because this is the most common restart issue. While your CPU or GPU's temperature is above the required limit, excessive heat might fall onto your computer and may cause it to restart. Replace the thermal paste if the temperature goes up.
Check the external devices
You could be experiencing this issue because of the incompatibility of one of your external devices, so check them one by one.

What kind of games—eg latest & greatest action or older & quieter—at what kind of settings—eg highest or low—at what resolution—eg 4K or 1080p?
Your PC is similar to mine, ie not specced for recent action games at high settings. Check the recommended system requirements for the games you're playing.

Have a look in Task Manager to see if anything else is consuming CPU or GPU resources—you should close as many apps as you can before starting a game, so the game has the max resources available to it.

Look in Event Viewer for the time of the crashes, are there Error or Warning messages?

Disconnect any peripherals attached to the PC, ideally have just Keyboard & Mouse attached when playing.

What happens with non-gaming aps—eg browser, email, etc—do they crash also?

TRENDING THREADS