Official Community Rules
Welcome to the PC Gamer forums!
Thanks so much for taking the time to hang out with us today. It’s incredibly important to us to have the kind of community that works together to keep things on track. After all, we’re in this together. With your help and support we can build something truly incredible!
Using these forums means you’ve read the rules and have agreed to be held to these standards.
Click here to learn some helpful forum tips and best practices.
- Do not harass, attack, or demean other forum users, including official staff. Disagreement is welcome, but different points of view can coexist without anyone resorting to personal attacks.
- Hate speech is not permitted. Posting hate speech will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Don’t derail any forum discussions using vulgarity, spamming, bumping your own posts, going off topic, or other means.
- Manipulating forum features such as trophies, direct messages, quotes, time outs, bans, or any other aspects of the forum will result in a permanent ban.
- Don’t use our forums as a tool to promote your own personal products or services. Trying to drive our readers to third party sites will result in such posts being edited or deleted.
- Promoting or describing any illegal or illicit activity is prohibited. We will not allow the discussion of cracking encryption, piracy, or any other illegal conduct in our forums.
- Do not impersonate others in these forums. This could be another user, an influencer, a staff member, or any other person/organization.
- Linking to files which contain viruses or malware will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not discuss moderator action, or attempt to re-open removed or locked threads. Removed or locked threads were removed for a reason; please do not attempt to re-open them by creating new threads.
- Spam posts will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Don’t create multiple accounts for the forum. Using secondary accounts to bump your posts, or create the illusion of an ongoing discussion is not allowed.
- Posts in these forums should be in English. Our moderators need to be able to confirm posts fit within our rules and this is the best way to accomplish that goal.
- Never publicly post personally identifying information, such as your email address or phone number, and do not ask others for their personal information.
Appealing a Time-out or Ban
We will not allow public posts to discuss action taken by Moderators. If you wish to appeal any official warnings, time outs, or bans, please email email@example.com.
So we can handle your appeal as quickly as possible, please include the following info whenever you contact our team.
- Username on the forums
- Include the phrase "PC Gamer Forum Appeal" in the email subject line for easier tracking.