PC gamer builder contest vs mine

So i didn't win... BUT i just saw someone liked a post about this contest that popped up in my feed and i realized i never actually saw the winner. I checked it out.. and i had to laugh.. Check out the system i just built and compare.

Winner
PCPartPicker Part List

My system.. (and no the prices are not what i paid, I think mine totaled out about 900 minus the vid card which has not been added/upgraded it's a pull from my current rig.)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600KF 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99 )
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($75 )
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z490-A ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($149.99 )
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory ($197.99 )
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($130)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB DUAL Video Card ($280)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($50)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($80)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($95)
Total: $1315

(i already had the vid card and secondary drive, so the whole build came in just over 900. I'll be updating the vid card when prices stabilize down the road.
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-05 02:37 EDT-0400

the comp I did post, I used the I3, but i decided to up the cores by 2. It's kinda funny how close the system i made is to the one that won. I am just finishing it up now, trying to debug it but I had to laugh as I read this. I guess you really did pick a wining build!!!

Last edited:
Which contest? The latest I see was an Alienware bundle.

Most of their money went on the GPU, 3070 slightly better than a 1060, even if yours cost more. Have to question if theirs is achievable (I know it wouldn't be where I live)

You can always make better pc, I don't know why they chose what they did as I haven't even seen contest :)

Reactions: Money Bag
well, okay, it makes no sense to build a PC with a 3070 in it if comp is to win a 3080. that just sounds greedy and pointless unless you want to make a profit selling one of your 2 cards.

I know its just a build but thats how I see it. Yours is more sensible in that regard.
Not getting into which cpu is better, i have a 3600XT and I don't want to know :)

this is/was mine although its price is a lie as you can't get my gpu in my country right now so it shows as 0
i have a fractal design meshify S2. PC is 10 months old but it feels like i made it yesterday.

TRENDING THREADS