Need help with my first PC

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
Can My PC Run Beam.N.G.Drive

I am working with windows 10, I have a Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 CPU, and a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070, with a 500W power supply.

This is my first PC and the parts to build it are on the way, I am building it from an old DELL Optiplex 3020 MT, So if you have any tips that would be helpful.

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
I just realized that I forgot to mention that I have 16GB of ram, which on the recommendations it says 32GB, but do you think that 16GB will run it fine?

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
I need help upgrading my CPU on my first PC, the CPU I currently have is a Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 and I am trying to get one better for gaming. One of the games I want to play is Beam.N.G.Drive, and just newer games.

(Budget PC Build)

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
I am building my first PC for gaming, it is a budget PC using a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT. My build is: GeForce GTX 1070, Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 CPU, 500W Thermaltake Power Supply, and 16GB of RAM.

What games should be able to run on this?

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
Also will the Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 work good with the EVGA GeForce GTX 1070?

And if there are any other problems with the other components or any recommendations please let me know.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please don't ask your questions in someone else's thread.

Just to be clear, swapping to a motherboard compatible with your current CPU and memory would be just another obsolete part. That replacement motherboard would not work with a modern CPU or memory.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
I need help upgrading my first PC. I want to eventually upgrade my CPU, and I currently have a Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3, but I need to upgrade my motherboard, because I'm using the stock motherboard from the Dell optiplex 3020 MT. I need help because l'm unsure on what part to get.

(Low Budget)

(The CPU is LGA & RAM is DDR3)

The other components I have are:
PSU : Thermaltake Smart 500W
GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM : Viper 2×8 16GB DDR3

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Last time...an old motherboard that will be compatible with your current CPU and memory is not an upgrade and is a pointless change (if the current motherboard actually works). The old tech is generations old and obsolete.

In addition, Dell uses proprietary connectors with many models so you wouldn't be able to use a standard motherboard without making other modifications to the Optiplex front panel connectors.

TRENDING THREADS