Question Need Advice on One-Handed Gaming Setups – Xbox Gamer with Left Arm Amputation

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
Hey everyone,

A little about my situation:
Currently, I'm using a regular Xbox controller.
I've modded it so that I can move the left analog stick with my left amputation
the right trigger for aiming
right bumper (RB) for shooting.
Running is done by pressing the right analog stick,
but unfortunately, features like grenades are tough to use as they require more time and often result in me being KO'd.

I can play, but it's not the same as back in the two-handed days, you know?

My main question is:

Is there a way to configure a mouse to handle walking movement (left, right, up, down - typically left analog stick or keyboard functions)?

Like, can the movement be mapped to the mouse along with the standard aiming functionality?

Or is there a specialized controller that might work better for my situation?

I'm open to any and all suggestions, really just looking to get back into gaming with as much capability as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: Alm
There is a controller called the Azeron Cyro which offers one handed gaming. It is around €200 though. I haven’t got any experience with it but I don’t think there are too many solutions for this.

Other than that an mmo mouse like Razer Naga might work. Again, I haven’t tried it.

Edit: are you still playing on Xbox? I think my suggestions might only work on PC.

I found this for Xbox but it doesn’t look as good as the PC options:

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
There is a controller called the Azeron Cyro which offers one handed gaming. It is around €200 though. I haven’t got any experience with it but I don’t think there are too many solutions for this.

Other than that an mmo mouse like Razer Naga might work. Again, I haven’t tried it.

Edit: are you still playing on Xbox? I think my suggestions might only work on PC.

I found this for Xbox but it doesn’t look as good as the PC options:

Thank you Alm!
I've looked into the evil controllers but with all the mods and insurance it's like $350.
For that amount of money might as well go the extra and get a PC LOL

Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
I have participated in discussions like this before and was blown away by some of the mods I found. Ben Heck had the first design I saw, which was made for a former military guy whom has a similar situation, but was a bit expensive.

There is now however a clever clip-on device made via a 3D printer that is less than 1/3 the cost and pretty much DIY to attach by Akaki Kuumeri that quite frankly looks ingenious. You can even DL the 3D printer files for free if you or someone you know has a 3D Printer. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1204829039/one-handed-xbox-series-xs-attachment

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts