Question Need advice on best gaming chair and headset...

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
I want some advice from the pros on which is the best gaming chair out there. I'm in need of a new chair and a new headset. I've checked out some online, but before I buy, I wanted to get recommendations from the pros. I just saw a thread with an article for best headsets, so I would only need advice on best gaming chairs. Thanks in advance!

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
Reactions: Brian Boru
Wonder how many have arm wrests that are too hard, seems to be a common problem with racing... i mean gaming chairs.
At least some of them are almost office chairs. They might not make you hate them within a few months

Still waiting for gaming printers. Razer didn't ever release that gaming toaster.

• Haha
Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
Feb 9, 2022
Visit site
I'll go against the grain slightly here and recommend a regular office chair. A lot of the "gaming chairs", like other "gamer" branded things, are gimmicky or overly expensive because of the name brand or because it's been "gamerfied" somehow.

I'm a big guy and I recently picked up the Amazon Basics Big & Tall Executive Chair, and its been great. Comfy, huge (even I feel a little small in it), and hefty. Any kind of middle-of-the-road office chair should be more than enough.

As for headsets, that's a whole other beast to deal with. My recommendation there would be, rather than a headset, a high quality pair of headphones, and a good, standalone mic. You and your buds get the best of both worlds: high audio quality and a mic that doesn't sound like a drive-thru speaker. Not sure what your budget is but in terms of brands:

Mics
Headphones
Blue​
Sennheiser​
Blue Yeti​
Anker​
Hyper X​
Grado​
Audio-Technica​
Sony​

My account is too new to post specific links, but in my experience all these brands are high quality and give good bang for your buck. The price ranges are pretty wild though so some may be well out of your budget.

• Love
against the grain slightly
Only slightly. Plenty of us here recognize that anything branded "gaming" is a marketing ploy, the simplest of which goes something like 'Stick a couple of multi-colored stripes on it, jack the price up 25%.'

'Ooh that worked great, let's drape some Christmas lights on it and jack price up another 50%.' Serious career advancements and lavish tropical corporate parties ensue.

If you type 'chair' in the search box up top, click 'this forum only' and 'titles only', you'll find another dozen threads on this very topic—some with even snarkier comments!

I'm a big guy
Me too, so I got tired of wearing out a bamboo floor mat every year. I grabbed some large casters, and haven't looked back—or down—since.

a good, standalone mic
Cheap mics

DIY Gaming Chair

1 Office chair of your choice

2 Add-on 1

3 Add-on 2

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS