Question my peripherals suddenly shuts off while my pc is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
My keyboard, mouse, and monitor suddenly stop working while my pc is still running. I frequently experienced this problem before changing my mobo which is MSI B450M A PRO MAX to B450 Mortar Max. But today, I still experienced this problem but not frequent like before. I also noticed that the CPU debug LED in my b450 Mortar Max is turning on when this problem is happening so I think that my prcocessor is the problem. Do you guys experienced the same problem and do you know how to fix this? Thanks!

Specs:
B450 Mortar Max
Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock RX 570 4gb
Kingston Fury Beast 8x2 16gb 3200mhz
Be Quiet Straight Power 500w Gold

I had this problem recently with everything that was connected to USB ports suddenly turning off. In my case, a clean install of Windows fixed it (I tried the Windows reset, but that didn't fix the problem. It had to be a clean installation).

If your CPU completely quit working, your peripherals would still have power. They are losing power because of your OS or drivers.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022
Visit site
I had a similar problem, all of a sudden all the peripherals turned off (keyboard, mouse, monitor, headset) but the PC kept running like nothing happened. The only thing I could do is unplug the PC because the power off button wasn't working to. I checked everything, and even tried to remount all the components, nothing worked.

I had my PC plugged in an extension cord and saw that the light on the extension cord is flickering, so I plugged my computer directly in to a wall outlet. I never had that problem again after that, so it must have been a faulty extension cord that caused that kind of problems for me.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS