My new Digital Piano. Birthday present. Expensive.

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
I am a musician. Guitars, amps, Piano's etc.. So I got free from family a Williams Allegro IV digital piano. Aps can add more sound samples, Wurlitzer, Fender Roads etc.. 88 fully weighted keys, generic stand. Not the expansive stand with 3 damper pedals. I love it. Tinnitus makes me play it on really low volumes. I love it. It hurt me though when I took it out of the box. I took it up stairs. It weighs a lot. I love it. Sounds great.

Dgh6ddc.jpg

XIFJCJO.jpg

Last edited:
Not only is Rick Beato good at presenting this in his unique style, but Dick Cavett has to be the best talk show host there ever was. He is intelligent, and calm, has a good bit of humor, lets the guests talk, and asks mature questions. I'm embarrassed that we don't see much of this quality in today's TV shows but instead have this horrendous garble focused on making everything a bloody spectacle. Thankfully, YouTube as Rick Beato points out, is the new upgraded TV and one that occasionally shares some real gems, like the one you shared @Colif.

• Love
Reactions: RSV. and Brian Boru
Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
My impression is you love it

Ok it is time to review this great digital piano. I watched some many videos, read online etc.. At Piano World forum and other places the brand Williams is not healed in high regard. Reddit etc.. Complaints, not good quality, piano sounds samples grand and brite piano sounds awful, key action is not great, upright piano is shrille and not overall good quality etc.. That is how I knew of the company. The upright piano and the digital min grand. I looked at them alot.

So first of all you got to remember I did not buy it. It was a free gift. My family saw the cheap Williams and the most expensive in the line. They were going to buy me both. 1 for my birthday and 1 for Christmas. I would get the cheap for my birthday. I said no. The cheap was almost 300. The expensive was over 500.

So the worker told my family get the expensive without the wooden stand and the damper pedals. Get a generic stand. It is on sale memorial week. 100 more than the cheaper Williams. They did.

What was I looking for? A small portable digital piano. I love the Suzuki min digital grand piano. It sounds great. I wanted 88 keys fully weighted with great sound samples. Buttons. Most have 1 button and you press the keybed for the features. The Alesia Prestige Artist looks like a Supcase piano. I wanted it. I looked for it. To see the key action for myself etc.. I never saw it.

So let's talk about the pros first. It has actual buttons nice. It has power on and off, demo button with songs, volume knobs,EQ knobs high and low, metronome,Transpose, Octave, Piano Reset, Value, Track, Record, Split Button, Leyer Button, Lesson Mode, Voice Select Buttons,Variation Lead, Chorus Button, Mod FX Button, Reverb Button, 10-Key function, and Function button.

Back panel has UBS, Sustain pedal input, Pedal Unit for 3 pedals, Aux in, Stereo/mono Line out 1/4 jacks, and power supply.

Sounds samples are Grand Piano, Bright Piano, Wurlitzer, Fender Rhodes, Rock Organ, Perc Organ, String Pad, Synth Pad, Vibraphone, Choir, Acoustic bass, Electric bass. I can use apps or the Williams app to get more sounds or control the sound samples just like on a real Wurlitzer. I can hook it to a computer with USB or BlueTooth and use it as a workstation to controller DAWS.

Layer mode 2 voices can be played at the same time. And the volume can be split between the 2 voices. Split mode means 2 voices played with the left and right hand. I can transpose it is like a guitar capo. I can transpose the piano up or down 1 octave. Record my song. I can change the tuning a few cents to match a acoustic instrument or a recording. It has a Rotary effect, Tremolo, ans a EQ setting.

It has a touch sensitivity. You hold the function button and press a note on the keybed to change it. MIDI channels it has 16 channels. Multitimbral mode receives MIDI info. I can multi track with 16 different parts. It has auto save. It saves my features.

It has a really cheap damper pedal. It is decent nothing great.

It has a 2 year warranty. If I cut it with a chainsaw, throw it off my roof, spill water in it etc.. they will replace it no questions ask. Guitar Center is a great on the warranty.

The fully weighted keys feel great. The Wurlitzer and Fender Rhodes sound samples are some of the best sounds in it. It can do so much. Buttons are great and feel nice. Speakers are great.

Now for the cons. I got tinnitus. It raises it. It will not lower unless I sleep a little while. I need some low wattage speakers. That issue will not affect you are your playing experiences. Second con the piano and bright piano sounds are not great. Not the best. But apps can take care of that. I like it for the supcase piano sounds and all the others anyway. They are not bad just not the worst either.

Last con. It is too heavy. It weighs so much. I never like to got it Upstairs. I put it in my computer room where I play the guitar. I wished I would have got the stand. I may get it later on. The stand wobbles.

I love it. It was free to me. Is it as good as the expensive Suzuki digital min grand piano? No way. But it does so much. And with apps, free computer programs it can do so much more. And it was the most expensive in the line. Under 600 there is nothing better. I really do not understand all the hate myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts