Moving on from my 8350k

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks, after some opinions on weather its worth dropping a 8700k/9700k or 9900k in place of my 8350k. Maybe someone here made the change and could shed some light on weather it was worth it.

Im in the process of getting hold of a 144hz 1440p for my 1080. Im currently addicted to VR on my rift s but when i do game on my screen i play all sorts but favor FPS.

My system is by no means a slouch, ive OC'd the 8350k to 4.5ghz, AIO cooled.

Or do i jump to ryzen?

If you're not experiencing performance issues related to the CPU, stick to the CPU

Moving to a higher resolution would generally put the bottleneck more on the GPU anyway

Swapping over to Ryzen in your case wouldn't make sense right now. It's potentially a bigger investment as it needs a new motherboard. And new Ryzen CPUs are out later this year. If you don't really need a new CPU, buying new platform that's also about to get replaced probably isn't the way to play it.

That said, the pricing on Intel parts is generally not very good, so if you don't need a new CPU, don't get one of any kind :)

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
Yeah you are right, and that's how I was thinking in the back of my mind. Its good to confirm though and puts the brakes on me wasting money.

Just pick up a secondhand Dell S2716DG. Looking forward to some smooth ass gameplay hehe

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS