mother board risers

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
finally starting to assemble everything. Zalman s2 case. no idea why the idiots dont install ALL the mobo risers FOR THE CUSTOMER....

got the three "user cosutomizable risers" installed. ONLY one screws in flush to the metal. Others have a gap i can get a finger nail in.

Is it safe to use as is like that.. or am i going to need to play "monkey with a wrench" to tighten them down further? I think its just a case of bad hole drilling as the good hole has a small dip around it, and the bad ones dont

Reactions: KyleMarley11
Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
personally, I would tighten them... but if its that close and you cant tighten any more, it will be just fine. They dont put them in , because maybe you are putting an ITX board in or an ATX or etc etc... diff holes

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
lol but a wheel has 1 set of holes and only fits one way... the problem is, you bought a cheaper case :)

You get what you pay for... in my Be quiet 800 the risers go in like butter, but in a DIYPC case I won, not only were they hard to get in.. they were not straight! (PLUS... you couldnt even get the PSU in the case without cutting part of the case). Absolute junk.. had to throw it away and order a better case.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
it never ends for me on this project.

risers barely lined up right with the mobo holes, one riser snapped off, one i had to put in,

the routing holes in the case arent spaced right, so im buying cable extenders so i can get the mobo properly connected.

literally end up with the 8 pin connecter being an INCH too SHORT. it can TOUCH the 8 pin socket but not bend to insert.

TRENDING THREADS