Question Mid-Week Question: What game do you love to watch being streamed but don't play yourself?

With a lot more people staying home more often these days, they're not just playing more games but (probably) also watching people stream more games, too.

Hence the question this week: What game do you love to watch being streamed but don't actually play yourself?

For me it's maybe Apex Legends -- I played maybe 2 matches and then decided to sideline myself and watch other people play instead. And I love watching it even though I'll probably never play it again.

Let me know (by Wednesday morning) what game you love to watch even if you don't play it! We'll publish answers from our staff as well as from the forums.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Escape from Tarkov. I love the intensity of the game, but I get too easily frustrated by loosing all my stuff all the time to play it now. It got me angry enough that I couldn't sleep =P I still get the nice adrenaline from watching, but I don't have to deal with the frustration! What you you Chris?

Strategy games. Online multiplayer to be exact. I'm generally naff at them playing on normal difficulty and the SP alone taxes me. Add all the commands you need to learn and the amount of things you have to pay attention to just puts me off. Its probably why i like World in Conflict so much.

But watching them is exciting and in some ways does make me want to give it a try especially team matches of 3vs3. Recently its been Dawn of War 2, an RTS game that i felt was meh and a chore to finish. The few WiC multiplayer matches i've seen have been thrilling and impressive as it feels like a desperate meat grinder battle as both sides throw absolutely everything to win.

Reactions: MaddMann

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Strategy games. Online multiplayer to be exact. I'm generally naff at them playing on normal difficulty and the SP alone taxes me. Add all the commands you need to learn and the amount of things you have to pay attention to just puts me off. Its probably why i like World in Conflict so much.

But watching them is exciting and in some ways does make me want to give it a try especially team matches of 3vs3. Recently its been Dawn of War 2, an RTS game that i felt was meh and a chore to finish. The few WiC multiplayer matches i've seen have been thrilling and impressive as it feels like a desperate meat grinder battle as both sides throw absolutely everything to win.
I had not watched much of it before, but I happened to catch an Age of Empires 2 match from them all being remastered and I never would have thought of this strategy myself. Cracks me up to watch it every time
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6spfnJMdd-k

I do not watch streams of people playing games. I like Outside XBOX but I don't watch them when they stream themselves playing nor do I watch pre-recorded let's play vids (unless I am specifically looking up how to do something specific).

I just don't find watching othe rpeopel play games when I have games myself to play. It's not like watching baseball or whathave you. I watch baseball a lot because I can't/don't get to play baseball. I will watch lots of gaming related videos, but not of people actually playing a game.

I mainly watch streams of competitions or games that I play but at a much higher level than I can achieve eg. CSGO or hearthstone. Sometimes I'll watch a play through of a game that I probably wouldn't have played (eg. Shadow of the Colossus on PS4)

I enjoy watching speedrunners play different games, the majority of them coming from my childhood, but that I do not play nowadays. Games like Mega Man, Super Mario Bros and GoldenEye 007. For anyone interested: Here is the latest speed run record in GoldenEye 007 (at the end of the video) and the history surrounding the difficulty in obtaining it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWPGpeXpMhQ

Last edited:
I had not watched much of it before, but I happened to catch an Age of Empires 2 match from them all being remastered and I never would have thought of this strategy myself. Cracks me up to watch it every time
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6spfnJMdd-k

yeah i watch some of t90's stuff for AOE2 gameplay. It helps that T90 is entertaining to listen to and theres some top tier gameplay

Reactions: MaddMann
I have occasionally tortured myself by watching PS4 footage of the newer NHL titles whilst praying to the fickle Porting Gods that we might someday get them on PC again.

But beyond that, if I don't play a game, then I have zero interest in watching someone else play said game. The only time I watch someone else play a game is if I want to see how *they* do it (as opposed to how I do it), or what they thought of a particular aspect of the game, or if I need a tip or strategy about something. I think I only ever watch gameplay videos of games I haven't played if they're part of someone's review video. (Or a comedic riff, like Clueless Gamer.)

TRENDING THREADS