Lost Ark—up to launch 2022-02

Not sure if there is much interest in this game here, but i love me some ARPG games and this one has been in the making for a couple years now. Its a super popular MMO in S. Korea and its projected to bring in numbers like New World. I put up a link here in case you were wondering. They are having a closed beta going on from now to the 11th if anyone was interested.

[
Mod edit: changed title from "Lost Ark".

Here is the thread for playing experience after launch:
]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going to add to this since i have about 30 hours sunk into this beta. If you are looking for a serious contender to Diablo, this is pretty damn good. Ive had 0 issues with servers or lag or anything like that (mainly because the game has established servers and has been an up and running game for roughly 2 years now), the combat is snappy, there is plenty of great loot to pick up from killing bosses etc.

The UI to me isnt all that great, but can be minimized, there are some typical MMO quests that are rather dull, and the localization of the voice acting is still off, but how fluid all this works together makes any negatives ive seen easy to deal with.

When it comes to the classes you can choose from are varied and extremely fun, you want to use a shotgun and dual pistols all through the game? Check, want to play like Bruce Lee and kick the crap out of everyone? Check! Also, this (closed) beta is huge, it allows you to rank to level 55 (believe me that is hard) and then allows you to tackle some of the dungeons they have released. I cannot wait for this to drop (says march 2022 on steam but thats just a placeholder date, so itll probably be earlier).

Seen a couple of videos and it looks very good! Still waiting for access:) There has been some talk about Lost Ark being PTW, so I sincerely hope they do not bring that to the western market. I would hate to see skills, mats, or similar stuff being buyable as it not only ruins the whole point of progression, it also invites bots/gold spammers to make their living. Here is hoping there will ONLY be cosmetic items.

Reactions: Brian Boru

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I played Lost Ark in the beta and it definitely was fun. If anything, that trailer undersells how cool the attacks are. That said, it's an MMO as well as an action-RPG and things like owning your own ship and building a fortress on your island won't be unlocked until many hours in.

Im gonna leave this here :). So glad to see how big of a release this was but cant say im not suprised and that i knew this would happen. I recommend playing if you have any interest in this type of game (MMO, ARPGS).

PCG Gave it a 78/100 which i can see the reason for a lower score for sure (MMO TROPES). But its still a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Got to say my interest for the game have been increasing over the last few months and i was tempted to join the queue for pre-installing it. The 70gb requirement did make my eyes wince. Will probably wait after the initial rush before having a go.

Being free we'll see how aggressive they be with the money making side of things. if its just cosmetics i think i can live with that. Will probably watch some twitch/youtube play and decide later.

Delaying the launch MINUTES before launch. Good fking job! I mean, can you **** up anymore? Queue the excuses........ At least they managed to sell the founder's packs, I'm sure there were NO problems with those!

The decision came from Amazon, not the people that made the game (smilegate) this was due to the fact that it was projected that at least 1 MILLION USERS were gonna log on at once, so they added time to the launch to get more servers in there.

The game had literally 0 issues for the last 3 days and it never dipped below 450k users at peak hours. So yes, the packs sold. Theyre also adding a feature to the packs for anyone that redeemed them on one server, it can now be redeemed on others which is great because usually when you buy something like that for any MMO, they get locked to the character you first redeem it on and stuck with it on that server as well. So i can wait a little longer for these implementations personally.

This games launch is by far the best for the amount of users. NWs was terrible and FF had a lot more terrible longer queues, pretty much any other MMO has sucked at launch. LA has worked fine for the most part and above par for pretty much ANY popular game launch.

Even if there is the slightest delay or hiccup, news outlets are going to make it seem like the world is ending.

Last edited:
@DXCHASE Amazon sucks when it comes to telling us what is going on. Just saying development issues are pretty bad for the thousands of people who have taken the time off to play this game. If they were a bit more transparent, perhaps people would be less mad. NO more updates hours later the game should have launched. That for me shows just how little they communicate and how little they really care for the consumers. Am I being overdramatic? Maybe, but I'm not the one trying to sell promises and build hype and give people the middle finger 12 MINUTES before the launch!

Update: I guess it's something:ROFLMAO:
View: https://twitter.com/MiltonTPike1/status/1492228257911123976?s=20&t=ObWR76VgOzHxmIs0gYrojg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pifanjr and DXCHASE

TRENDING THREADS