LG UltraGear 32GQ850-B 32" Where's the lighting switch/dial?

May 26, 2023
Visit site
Sorry, (there's no uploading pic's here) but I really do have pic's.

The LG online manual shows a line drawing with the lighting switch right next to joystick. The text asserts it's there too. But it's not. If I have to look at the freaking purple light much longer, I'm going to bin this poc.

It's not a bad monitor--just not a real upgrade from my ten year old 28" Viewsonic 1080--and then there's the purple.

Probably some software to control it, but there's no mention--well none that I can find, going on one month. 'Support' only argued, and there's been nothing but crickets, since I uploaded them a pic.

Not really neccessary, but rig is...
MSI Meg X570 ACE (Realtek ALC1220 audio chip set) - 7.1 PCIe Gen 4
RYZEN 7 5800X3D
G.Skill Trident Royal Z 3600 CL16, 2 x16 GB*
RTX 4080 FE
Seagate FireCuda 520 M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen4 x4, NVMe 1.3 3D TLC (SSD) & Corsair Force MP510 M.2 2280 960GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe
Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid with noctua fans
Corsair HX1200
Arcam rDAC, Yamaha NS-670 main speakers/Yamaha RX V870 receiver/YamahaP-2200 amp/Paradigm rears & center
10 Pro 64/32 bit

Thanks for the read. :cool:

[Mod edit: changed formatting to make text legible.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
You can upload pics via a hosting site like Imgur, theres also a way to upload to the media section here.

I'm not 100% sure what the problem is here. Shot in the dark as I have an older model of LG Ultragear. You did try clicking the joystick to bring up the settings menus?

May 26, 2023
Visit site
Thanks
You can upload pics via a hosting site like Imgur, theres also a way to upload to the media section here.

I'm not 100% sure what the problem is here. Shot in the dark as I have an older model of LG Ultragear. You did try clicking the joystick to bring up the settings menus?
Thanks, I knew it would be me being stupid, and I'll go back to hollering at the tv.
Welcome to the forum :)

Please don't mess with formatting your posts until you know how to do it properly.
Sorry to mess with formatting. I pasted, and I shouldn't have. Thanks, and apologies.

Where is the purple? Looking at website I see possibly purple stripes on stand?

I have a LG 32GK650F-B but it doesn't even show an activity light when its on.
if its the power led, need to use joystick on back of monitor to select settings and then General as the setting is at bottom to turn it off.
On page 29 of manual

You also turn off the Hexagon lighting - rgb on stand - on the settings/General tab.
Can also change its color there as well.
See same page above... I expect that is the purple?

May 26, 2023
Visit site
Thanks Colif. Just the purple 'accessory' rgb lighting on the back. I got mired in 'the button', next to the joystick, that the manual says is there. I didn't delve deeply enough into the joystick menus--and was going mad. Thanks to your fellow mod's, Brian & Kaamos, I'm back in my happy place. :)

Things are a little stressful here, without your new gear mocking you, so the help's genuinely appreciated. I'll be back when things have run their course here, and post an intro & flesh out my account page. Thanks again.

That is called Hexagon lighting. Can turn off or change color in settings.

Does it show on front of stand as well?

could be worse, could be around bezel of actual screen... slightly distracting if it has different modes like breathe or ripple

I have heaps of options on my GPU but I generally just stick to one color
xaufkCp.jpg

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS