Just finished Prey (2017). Loved it!

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I read almost nothing coming into this game, did very little research, and I had no idea what to expect. I just knew that it was a Sci-Fi\Suspense\Survival RPG (which is totally my style). I was not even sure it was going to be worth playing.
I'll keep it pretty quick - My mind is blown.... the story in this game an intricate masterpiece that ABSOLUTLEY deserves a replay. Is it the greatest game ever made? No, not by far. It has a few flaws... but the story in this game is just next level. The game screwed with my head, kept me on the edge of my seat and questioning everything.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I'd say this lands in the category of one of those really great games that just didn't get the big publicity of titles like HZD that year, so its possible some may have never heard of it or even gave it a second glance. A definite gem that flew under the radar.

I love a game with an amazing story.. I really do! But this one completely slipped by me... Without giving away too much. The whole game seemed random and pointless. I was actually bored once or twice. But once the gravity of the story sank in at the end - I didn't see it coming ... I sat with my jaw on the desk and instantly knew that this game was going on my "Trust me, you want to play this again" shelf. I also have Mooncrash but the advice I got was to finish the main storyline first as it will spoil the game. I'm gonna dig into W3: Wild Hunt for a change of pace and come back for Mooncrash and a second playthrough.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
So, you're taking a tour of the best stories in RPG'dom? Is the original Final Fantasy 7 next? ;)
I just might be lol.. I had lots of time for gaming in 2023. Before Prey I went through both Deus Ex games, The Outer Worlds, HZD, and prior to that was Bioshock. I'm eyeballing Mass Effect Legendary and Cyberpunk as my next two.

I've been playing in the competitive shooter genre just jumping in for a few rounds here or there for a while and wanted to get back to my roots. Prey was a game I never played, as is Wild hunt. I've had a bunch of games sitting in my Backlog\Replay collection waiting for a new G-Sync 4k OLED monitor, but I don't see that happening for quite some time - so I figured there is no time like the present.

Believe it or not, I have NEVER played a FF game from start to finish. Just tinkered around a little bit. Maybe I'll need to finally dig into that series.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Believe it or not, I have NEVER played a FF game from start to finish. Just tinkered around a little bit. Maybe I'll need to finally dig into that series.
They're a very mixed bag. One game doesn't really lead to the other, story wise. Only a few things tie the games together, like using "gil" for money and having a character named "Cid" somewhere. Thus, you can play them in any order you like.

It would be smart to check out Mass Effect Legendary's forums before buying. EA's switch to a new launcher mangled the game's achievements pretty bad. Of course, if you don't care about achievements, then no worries there.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
They're a very mixed bag. One game doesn't really lead to the other, story wise. Only a few things tie the games together, like using "gil" for money and having a character named "Cid" somewhere. Thus, you can play them in any order you like.

It would be smart to check out Mass Effect Legendary's forums before buying. EA's switch to a new launcher mangled the game's achievements pretty bad. Of course, if you don't care about achievements, then no worries there.
I've already owned it for quite some time and have been through all of the ME games at least 3 times over, but never fired up the "legendary edition". Achievements aren't my thing so I'm ok there. I'm mostly interested on the overhaul they gave the first game in the trilogy and of course it will be nice to see them in Glorius 4k

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
Couldn't get into Prey (2017) when it first came out, despite having really enjoyed games of a similar vein (e.g. SOMA). Perhaps just seemed repetitive and tiresome after the initial big reveal aboard Talos.

Maybe will need to pick up again at some point and revisit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts