Some pros and cons in my playthrough, some are my own little nitpicks
- Open world is okay, perhaps really basic but still okay.
- Tons of different types of weapons.
- Grappling Hook makes traveling over the nearby mountain to get to the other side easy.
- No dual-wield, which I don't mind.
- Some music tracks are well done, but nearly all the good ones are simply remixes of Halo 1-3 tracks.
- No Covenant Carbine.
- An okay ending that leaves you wanting more.
- Day & Night cycles, though I would say the night should be a little darker.
- You can fly, but you have to find a Banshee to do it.
- Story is probably as long as any other Halo game if you stick to quest objectives and ignore side stuff.
- Random wildlife.
- Great surround sound effects as always.
- No weather effects.
CE from 20 years ago had rain and snow and wind, this has none of that.
- No Plasma Rifle, which was a staple weapon of Halo 1-3, ODST, and Reach, and happens to be my favorite.
- Grappling Hook sometimes degrapples for no reason a foot before Master Chief can secure a ledge.
- Somewhat predictable storyline at times.
- Somewhat annoying hologram 'events' in storyline gets old fast.
- Annoying 'The Weapon' blabbering on about pursuing the next story mission endlessly instead of staying silent and just letting me explore the open world.
- No Ray tracing or DLSS.
- Weapon ammo drains far too quickly, having to constantly reload gets old fast.
- Having to constantly switch to other weapons gets old fast.
- 'The Weapon' wearing a UNSC jumpsuit seems kinda silly, it's an AI not a real woman, it doesn't need a jumpsuit, they could have always gone for the Halo 1,2,3 look.
- Not enough terrain variety, too much mountain & forest. Where are the plains, the deserts, the rainforest, the frozen wastes, and the large wide open seas and large rivers? See Halo CE and Halo 2 for terrain variety.
- Vehicles seem to take a lot of damage faster than in previous Halo games, especially the Scorpion tank.
- Doesn't seem to have the atmosphere of Halo CE, 2, ODST, or Reach. Closer to 3 and 4 atmosphere.
I think I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, tough to say how the replay value compares to the other games, I'll know for sure in a year or two from now.