Installing Unreal Tournament 3 on Windows 11

Feb 26, 2022
Visit site
I'm trying to install Unreal Tournament 3 on Windows 11, but then I get this error: "Deze app is voor uw veiligheid geblokkeerd" which means "This app is blocked for your safety". What should I do to install this game?

Welcome to the forum :)

Cross-posted here…
…please update here if you get any answers there or elsewhere.

That's a 15 year old game, so may need some tweaking. Steam says:
"Supported OS: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista"

Have you contacted tech support where you bought it, or asked in their or Epic forums?

"This app is blocked for your safety"
Is there no "Install anyway" or "Ignore warning" option on the error message?

You might try disabling Windows Defender and then trying to install it. Not sure that will help, but it's worth a shot.
Where did you source the installer from?
Good points. If you're trying to install a pirated version, or something, maybe Windows Defender or an antivirus app is catching something malicious. If so, it's really best to stay away from the pirated stuff.

I bought the disc
Have you tried setting the compatibility for the installation file? I'm not totally sure if you can do that for a file on a disc or not, but it's worth a try. Find the file on the disc that is the installation exe. Right click on it and choose Properties. In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab. Check the box that says, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose something like Windows XP in the dropdown box.

Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try. If it won't let you do it from a read-only disc, then maybe try copying all of the files on the disc to your hard drive, and install it from there after setting the compatibility mode.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS