Question If you were a boss level..

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Welcome back to another hugely anticipated episode of "If you were..."

This week, we are visiting If you were a boss level.. What would your level be like? The following criteria needs to be met among your replies.

• How is your level, fight mapped out? Stages? Hack & Slash?
• What ambience and atmosphere is present?
• What game level and fighting mechanics do you have?
• What sounds are incorporated?
• What loot do you drop?
• What surprises are there, If any at all?

• How is your level, fight mapped out? Stages? Hack & Slash?
Multileveled going in stages. Insta kill traps, deadly insect foes pouring from cracks of the entombed prison. As you hack through the insects they pile up and you'll have to dive under the putrid to get to the next stage of the fight before you drown in the guts.

In the next stage, you will meet one of my tentacles with razor-sharp blades sewn into them, one of my many luxurious from serving in the underworld. You have to avoid the blades and find the hidden entrance to the next stage. There you will enter the three headless souls who will torment you with an everlasting scream which eventually will make you go insane if you don't get to the next stage as fast as possible.

The final stage is where you met me. I will attack you with all my tentacles which can reach around any corner you'll try to hide in. My face will be so terrifying that you'll be blinded if you do dare to look at me through your own illumination. Your only hope, if any, will be to find a way to slow my torment, only then will you be able to hold onto your puny soul and perhaps even best me. As for my weak point, I'm not telling you that. That is up to you to find out. Muahahaha!

• What ambience and atmosphere is present?
The only light for you to see will be your own illumination. Around you will be complete darkness and you'll hear insects crawling and distant screams. Your own heart will be the one sound you'll hear the most because it will be thumping in all its short-lived glory.

• What game level and fighting mechanics do you have?
Answered already.

• What sounds are incorporated?
Ambiance for the most part, with the exceptions of the three headless souls and my own hellish sound.

• What loot do you drop?
You either die or you live.

• What surprises are there, If any at all?
You probably won't make it.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
Multileveled going in stages. Insta kill traps, deadly insect foes pouring from cracks of the entombed prison. As you hack through the insects they pile up and you'll have to dive under the putrid to get to the next stage of the fight before you drown in the guts.

In the next stage, you will meet one of my tentacles with razor-sharp blades sewn into them, one of my many luxurious from serving in the underworld. You have to avoid the blades and find the hidden entrance to the next stage. There you will enter the three headless souls who will torment you with an everlasting scream which eventually will make you go insane if you don't get to the next stage as fast as possible.

The final stage is where you met me. I will attack you with all my tentacles which can reach around any corner you'll try to hide in. My face will be so terrifying that you'll be blinded if you do dare to look at me through your own illumination. Your only hope, if any, will be to find a way to slow my torment, only then will you be able to hold onto your puny soul and perhaps even best me. As for my weak point, I'm not telling you that. That is up to you to find out. Muahahaha!

The only light for you to see will be your own illumination. Around you will be complete darkness and you'll hear insects crawling and distant screams. Your own heart will be the one sound you'll hear the most because it will be thumping in all its short-lived glory.

Answered already.

Ambiance for the most part, with the exceptions of the three headless souls and my own hellish sound.

You either die or you live.

You probably won't make it.

I love the attention to detail and remind me to never play a game you design, because it sounds like Dark Souls on crack. 😂

Multileveled going in stages. One insta kill trap with a skeleton and a dried up pool of blood around it that I haven't gotten around to cleaning yet. A swarm of carrion insects that's feeding on the remains of the last adventurer buzzes around the room.

In the next stage, you will meet one of my tentacles with with once razor-sharp blades, now dulled and somewhat rusty, sewn into them. One of the blades is being used to spread peanut butter on a sandwich, after which the tentacle with the sandwich disappears into a sizeable hole in the wall. Suddenly, something behind the wall starts screaming a terrible, haunting scream, immediately followed by someone shouting: "No! Bad Spooky! Be quiet!" The screaming lowers to a soft whimpering.

Crawling after the tentacle through the hole in the wall brings you to the final stage where you meet me. The only illumination comes from whatever you brought yourself, as well as from the computer screen in front of me. It takes me a second to notice you, at which point I curse under my breath and mutter "hang on a second" while I try to save the game as quickly as possible.

You draw your weapons and attack, easily dodging a tentacle blindly flailing your way. However, the impact of the tentacle on the opposite wall causes the poorly maintained ceiling to partially collapse, right on top of you, killing you instantly. I shrug and turn back to my game, muttering "I'll clean that right after I finish one more turn."

How is your level, fight mapped out? Stages? Hack & Slash?
I dont know what the term Hack & Slash actually means... You might read out that I'm not very experienced with boss fights but I'll give it a try!
I'd be an arena boss fight set in the egyptian desert. The arena itself consists of the ruins of an ancient egyptian temple where you, a modern treasure hunter, have dared to steal a magical Horus stela. So the Egyptian Gods unleashed me to end your doing and your life. The fight will have three stages where I will show three different appearances that you will have to fight differently.

What ambience and atmosphere is present? What sounds are incorporated?
You will definitely get an ambiance of: Oh no, the gods will kill me inside this egyptian desert temple! Musically accompanied by a deep bass humming some sacred song alongside a soft kithara tune, that is adding a slight arabian touch. There's also the sound of strong wind and thunderstorm, as well as lion growling and falcon shouts in the background, which has to do with my appearances.

What game level and fighting mechanics do you have?
First stage: A huge sandstorm is rising! You desperately try to see what you are dealing with while you have to cover your face from the sand flying through the air. The storm is slowly killing you so you have to act quickly. But how to fight a sandstorm? All I'll say is that you have to get creative to bring me into a fightable form. ;)
Second stage: Should you have miraculously beaten the sandstorm you will be terrified by the creature you're standing in front of. Because the mighty lion goddess Sachmet herself lend me her strength and gave me the appearance of a female lion headed warrior with a spear as sharp as her teeth. With the strength of a goddess and the speed of a cheetah, I will play with you like every cat does with her bait.
Third stage: For the third and final stage, it was Horus himself who lend me his powers. Now, I am a swarm of mighty falcons, attacking you from above and every direction and showing no mercy at all.

What loot do you drop?
None. Be happy if you survive. :)

What surprises are there, If any at all?
There's only one way to survive the final stage: You have to return the Horus stela or you will be picked to death.

TRENDING THREADS