Question i9 12900k temperature spikes

Dec 17, 2021
Visit site
Holla.. A week ago installed fresh build, with new z690 mobo and i9 12900k, til today everything was okay, temps were 60 in games.. But suddenly temperatures started to spike between 60-80.. Like.. one moment it is 60, then 65, then 72, then 63, then 70 and etc... Thought maybe it happens in one game, so tried another 2 games, same thing.. Any ideas? FPS are fine, no drops or something. Temps checked via MSI afterburner. No overclocked parts.

Hi!

I think this is probably a better one for Toms Hardware. Doesnt sound to out of the ordinary for me if youre talking about individual core temps, but I dont have direct experience with the 12 series.

You should also mention the other specs of your rig, case and fan set up and what cooler you are using for the CPU there because it helps to know and people will ask anyway.

There may be someone here with a 12 series Intel chip, but you might get a faster reply over at Toms :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 17, 2021
Visit site
Hey guys! sorry for not explaining, which part has temp spikes.. CPU has those spikes :)

EDIT: checked temperatures with ''core temp'', AS I can see, only P cores rising rly high, E cores stays max 62c. If someone got idea, whats the problem, please let me know! :)

EDIT: tried reinstall windows - nothing. Tried reapply thermal paste - nothing. Actually noticed, that CPU usage also higher, spikes to 65%. Maybe CPU itself failing?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS