I want a new PSU for my pc because my actual PSU is not enough

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
my pc has:
Graphic card: RTX 3060 12 GB
CPU: I9-10900KF
RAM: 16GBx2 (32GB total) DDR4
my actual PSU is called: MPII650
my pc for some reason just turns itself off randomly, i believe its my PSU, which i believe its not enough for my pc, so now i want to know if someone knows a good PSU that is enough for my pc

Please fill in the blanks to aid us with context.

Include the make and model of:
CPU cooler:
Case:
Motherboard:
Ram:
Fans used and their orientation in the case:

Which slots are the rams populating and what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to keep an eye on your temps when the system reboots. You can go into BIOS as soon as the reboot occurs to spot temps, in case it's an overheating issue.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
Please fill in the blanks to aid us with context.

Include the make and model of:
CPU cooler:
Case:
Motherboard:
Ram:
Fans used and their orientation in the case:

Which slots are the rams populating and what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to keep an eye on your temps when the system reboots. You can go into BIOS as soon as the reboot occurs to spot temps, in case it's an overheating issue.
CPU cooler: Nfortec Hydrus RGB 120
Case: sharkoon VG4
Motherboard: Mag B560 Torpedo
Ram: 16GBx2 by corsair
Fans used and their orientation in the case: i don't have fans because i needed space for my liquid refrigeration
The slots my Rams: 2nd and 4th slot
i don't know what is a BIOS

Motherboard: Mag B560 Torpedo
Ram: 16GBx2 by corsair
Fans used and their orientation in the case: i don't have fans because i needed space for my liquid refrigeration
The slots my Rams: 2nd and 4th slot
i don't know what is a BIOS
What country are you located and what is your budget for a psu?

+
+
You have the wrong cooler for the job. You're advised to have at least a 360mm AIO to cool any i9. The more radiator space, the merrier.

Ofc, that doesn't mean that the PSU you own is meant to be in the build but your cooling will soon become an issue and to me, it's as though you're suffering from a thermal issue more than a power issue as you're seeing the problem crop up when idling(assuming). Once you've dealt with the thermal problem, taxing the system will reveal a PSU/power related problem.

If you chose a 120mm AIO because you don't have chassis real estate, then that's what's been artificially limited due to the case.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
+
+
You have the wrong cooler for the job. You're advised to have at least a 360mm AIO to cool any i9. The more radiator space, the merrier.

Ofc, that doesn't mean that the PSU you own is meant to be in the build but your cooling will soon become an issue and to me, it's as though you're suffering from a thermal issue more than a power issue as you're seeing the problem crop up when idling(assuming). Once you've dealt with the thermal problem, taxing the system will reveal a PSU/power related problem.

If you chose a 120mm AIO because you don't have chassis real estate, then that's what's been artificially limited due to the case.
trust me, i got an app that makes my CPU go use the 100% of it, and it only got up to 80ºC so my CPU cooler is fine

I guess all the other reviewers reviewing methodology are wrong, if you're going well with a 120mm AIO. In fact I think I learned the wrong stuff, not to mention wrote the wrong content when writing up the Closed Loop Cooling section on the watercooling sticky for our sister site, here. FYI, the prior sections of the sticky need a read in order to understand how much you can dissipate off of the radiator space available.

Sorry but I can't accept what you're saying to be remotely close to the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
I guess all the other reviewers reviewing methodology are wrong, if you're going well with a 120mm AIO. In fact I think I learned the wrong stuff, not to mention wrote the wrong content when writing up the Closed Loop Cooling section on the watercooling sticky for our sister site, here, fyi, the prior sections of the sticky need a read in order to understand how much you can dissipate off of the radiator space available.

Sorry but I can't accept what you're saying to be remotely close to the truth.
ok but, can you recommend a PSU for my pc?