I need Star Wars Galaxies style housing back in my life :)

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I fell in love with Star Wars Galaxies oh so many years ago, and we all know how that ended. :( Since then, I went to grad school, started a band, raised a couple kids, and now I want to play an MMO with (un-instanced) player housing that is similar to what SWG revolutionized, long ago. I mean, SOE did SOME things right.

I like a world that's not ALL fighty fight fight. Sometimes I just wanna chill and decorate my house. Is there anything like that out rn that isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

I just need Star Wars Galaxy game design in general to make a comeback. Every MMO since that one has been an absolute disappointment in diversity and a player-driven world. From the non combat professions to the player driven economy, nothing has come remotely close. And the politician path was way ahead of its time. Such a shame that no studio wants to reimagine that wonderful game.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes! Everything you said! I started my own city on Dantooine n It was super cool and I miss it SO MUCH. I was primarily an Image Designer/Tailor, but later I did enough Politician stacks to be able to move on up in the world. Also, did swords for combat but then I joined a guild and everyone learned TK. =Eclipse server veteran.

Eh, the NGE gutted all the complexity of the game and replaced it with an incredibly simplified, dumbed down game. Yeah, not everything was great pre-NGE, but it was certainly better. I wouldn't call dumbing down a game and stripping its soul an improvement. And a lot of those things you say were broken were made a bit better with the combat upgrade. I also find it funny to call doc buffs OP, it created an entire social component to the game where people lined up and tipped for buffs before going out into the world. Destroying the non-combat professions was easily the worst part of it all. Crafting also had a ton of awesome and useful stuff, pretty much every combat profession outside of melee would rely on player crafted gear. Another soul shattering aspect of the NGE was changing it all to PvE loot and killing player vending.

I know SWG EMU is still around, but there isn't much of a playerbase and it gets smaller every year. And I'm glad some people enjoyed the simplified and soulless marketing tool that SWG became, but there's a reason pre-NGE is renown for being the peak of sandbox MMO.

TRENDING THREADS