Question I am experiencing Lower than desired FPS in my games with a 2070 super.

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I have been experiencing lower than desired fps in games lately. I was hoping to get some insight as to why I would be experiencing this. I have updated all of my drivers. and Turned off Game DVR in my Registry editor. and some other things that are supposed to help performance. things like Global settings in Nvidia control panel. setting my power optimization to max performance in windows. I was experiencing these issues before I updated to windows 11. after the windows 11 update. Nothing changed. I even went thought the "What gamers must do to windows 11"
Here are my FPS as of recently.
In halo infinite Multiplayer I am getting like 70-80 in game on the lowest settings.
Battlefield 2042 I have it on the lowest settings and I get like 45-60. (I am aware this game is having problems right now.)
In Call of Duty Vanguard ill get 100-110. This I am happy with. it varies though.
Specs
Asrock b450M Steel legend
Ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2070 Super
32gb of Gskill Trident Ram @ 2866 MHZ (motherboard will not allow max 3200mhz when using all 4 slots.)

Zloth

Community Contributor
(This should likely be in the Computer Hardware area somewhere)

On those games where you're using the lowest settings, try moving the settings up some to see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't make a difference, it's very likely that your CPU is the bottleneck. The GPU is just twiddling its thumbs, waiting for new data to show up.

TRENDING THREADS