Question Hot keyboard

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
I recently bought an MSI gaming laptop. The keys get hot after a short period of gaming. Is this some thing to worry about given it’s a new PC? Debating on whether to return it.

You might want to try undervolting the CPU, CPU cache and the iGPU, maybe a little on the discrete but that's for a later discussion) and hopefully you should cut down on the heat build up inside your laptop.

You should use ThrottleStop to undervolt the laptop's processor(which is where the iGPU is as well).

Do you have a picture of how your laptop is set/propped up on your desk? Lack of airflow can and will cause thermal issues as well.

I recently bought an MSI gaming laptop. The keys get hot after a short period of gaming. Is this some thing to worry about given it’s a new PC? Debating on whether to return it.
From my experience with MSI, that's normal. On my HP laptop, which is hosting a Total War game in the background as we speak, the keyboard is cool to the touch. My suggestion is to return the MSI while you still can and get an HP, Dell or Lenovo, which are much higher rated than MSI by buyers.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
It's not uncommon for gaming laptops to get hot during extended gaming sessions due to the high-performance components and the compact design that can restrict airflow. However, the extent to which your laptop gets hot can vary depending on the specific model and its cooling system. It's important to distinguish between normal heat generation and overheating, which can be a cause for concern.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
As a gaming laptop user for 8years, the best thing that i have learned is, that in mostly all of the games your CPU doesn't need to run at full clock speed to provide you the best gaming experience, I myself currently have the Acer Nitro-5 with i7 12650H and RTX 3070ti, and its easy for this laptop to reach 90+ degree CELCIUS at max fan speed within 5minutes of starting a game at high performance plan.

To solve this, i have created a custom power plan in control panel, that allows the CPU to only run at max 75% of its performance, With this plan active my CPU clock speed is around 2.6-3.5Ghz without any compromise in gaming performance and my temps always stay around 65-75degree CELCIUS with auto fan speed, however u might need to switch back to high performance plan under normal load/usage because at that time you will need quick response time.

Do give it a try, this method has helped my maintain my CPU temps by a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts