Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead Redemption 2?

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I finally have enough to get 2 games.. These 2 games will be all I play for next year or even more. Already pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077. For the second, I am confused between Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2. Which one of these will you suggest? Heard pc ports of both these games had issues in the past. Are they resolved? I am not a regular gamer, but have completed Witcher 3 GoTY, GTA5, Skyrim SE recently after getting my first Gaming laptop. In short, I like RPGs and open world games with really good storyline. Prefer nice visuals, but not a priority as I play in medium - high settings depends on playability. Like in-game customizations, the more the better. Thanks in advance.

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Honestly, if you're getting Cyberpunk, don't buy a second game for a while...as Cyberpunk is by all indications going to be a long and complex game and you'll be split trying to find time to play it and another game equally complicated as HZD or RDR2 -- both of which require a dedicated playthrough as both have complicated array of control mechanics that are difficult to remember if you keep switching between games.

Reactions: nikku23
Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. I agree splitting between games can be tough. But as Cyberpunk is a big game I don't want to get play it for months and may get bored (I hope I won't). Cyberpunk will be my main game and the first one to finish, but I will be taking break for some time playing something else and get back. I did this when I played Witcher 3. I played a bit of GTA5 which I already finished once before, then came back played W3 again. For me it worked and kept the interest going.

Reactions: SBan83
Of the 2 games you mentioned, I'd go with Red Dead 2. It had some performance issues & bugs when 1st released on Steam, but most of that has been fixed. It's an amazing open world game with a superior story and combat. Like Skyrim, you can do what you want, you don't have to follow the main story line right to the end. Just check the recommended specs before you buy, as it can be pretty demanding.

Can't speak for Horizon Zero Dawn as I've never played it.

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Between RDR2 and HZD, I'd say it depends more on how hands-on you want to be. RDR2 is a bit more laid-back, slow-paced while HZD is more combat and stealth focused. Don't get me wrong, RDR2 has its fair share of combat and the occasional stealth mission too but they're much more sporadic and interspersed between non-combat activities that don't really require you to be as involved as a fight with a metal dinosaur or ten.

I would say Red Dead Redemption but thats because i like the setting, the time period and what you can do in the game. If the story,lore and background of Horizon Zero Dawn seems more interesting, go with that, but if it were me, itd be Red Dead Redemption.

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Thank you guys! I played HZD on a friends laptop for a few minutes... There were some minor graphic glitches, but it looks awesome.. and loved gameplay as well. I think I will go with it for now. I will definitely get RDR2.. But not now.. I came to know that it needs almost double the HDD space than either Cyberpunk or HZD.. With Cyberpunk coming next week, I can't afford that now.. After done with CP2077, I'll get RDR2.. Also RDR2 cost thrice as much as HZD in steam.. special edition cost 4 times.. Since I am not interested in multiplayer, I am not even looking at ultimate edition, which is 5 times the cost of HZD... ( Price as in Steam India )

Reactions: DXCHASE

TRENDING THREADS