Highlights of A Plague Tale Requiem on Hard with no HUD/upgrades

SPOILERS

If you've not played the game, you may want to fast forward to the in game play and skip the cutscenes, although most of them only reveal vague details.

These three videos are from the second half of the game, and contain some of the toughest battles. It is very hard to get in good shots with the sling with no reticle. With no upgrades you can only carry 6 of each resource. The basic strategy for me with these challenges, was to kill only as many enemies as need be, get as close as possible when using the sling and put what you're aiming at center screen, and use resources as sparingly and quickly as possible, such as luring an enemy toward a tar pot, and slinging it with Ignifer. There are cases however where rock slinging a tar pot makes more sense, to splash and slow more than one enemy, then hand toss Ignifer.

Bloodline

The Chapel

This is at the end of the fairly tough slaver chapter called Bloodline. You can sneak your way through the earlier parts of this chapter, but here you are pretty much forced to fight waves of enemies.

Nothing Left

WARNING,
the spoiler contained in the cutscene at the end is a major reveal, so you may want to skip it.

Ruined Village - Rescue

This is the end of the chapter Nothing Left. It includes an all stealth strategy in the mission Ruined Village, and another battle with waves of enemies in a mission where you save Arnaud called Rescue.

Healing our Wounds

Escape - Assault

Dying Sun

Stranded - Duel

This is the end and start of chapters Healing our Wounds, and Dying Sun. It starts with an escape on Sophia's ship, which turns into a battle onboard, then ends with the start of the chapter Dying Sun, where Amecia and Arnaud are stranded on a beach, then engage in a tough battle where Arnaud is dueling with the Count, while Amecia deals with more waves of enemies.

Last edited:
That's insane, man. Those are three of the hardest parts of the game.
Thanks, I knew you would understand what I was talking about and showing, since you've played it too. I picked those 3 parts of the game because I thought they would best showcase how much more difficult parts like that can make it when you play with no HUD or upgrades.

The funny thing is, last time when I was just playing on Normal with no HUD, but upgrades, the archer up on the rock on the left in the beach battle kept killing me. I managed to run right below where he was standing when the guy tossing Ignifer pots appeared, and he threw one at the archer while I was stranding there and killed him. I was hoping I would get the same result this time, but I must have gotten there too late, because he was standing in front of the archer.

Another strange thing was one of the other ones that tosses Ignifer that spawns out on the beach, was throwing them anywhere but where I was. On Normal they were pretty good at tossing them at me, so I wonder if this is a bug. While I was occupied by others, I also heard one of the enemies suddenly start screaming, like he was lit on fire. I'm thinking it must have been one of those really bad throws from Mr Ignifer. LOL

You definitely got pretty skilled at this. That part on the ship might have been the hardest part of the game for me. Another tough part that you didn't show was when Arnaud was fighting the Count, and you have to keep killing all of those guys coming at you. How did you do with that part?
Again, thanks, but even though I was developing a working strategy by the time I captured these, I still feel awkward at times when I run low on resources. That's when I go into panic mode and start forgetting where clay pots respawn, or not see where they are when I'm near one, or the dreaded over-cycling of effect types, often causing me to land on Ignifer or Tar, when all I wanted was a Rock or Extinguis. If you look closely you can see me making such mistakes. I panicked way more than I should have at the end of the Rescue mission in Nothing Left. I was thinking I needed another clay pot, but I'd forgotten all I had to do was lure the last knight back to the Tar jar I'd broken, and hand toss an Ignifer at it. I also didn't wait long enough when I was luring two knights before then, and just after when I ran to get a clay pot to toss tar at them. In either one of those instances I should have been able to light up 2 if not 3 of them at once (there was a crossbow guy too), but only got 1 each time.

As for the fight between Arnaud and the Count, I mentioned that in the description of the 3rd video. That mission is called Duel, and the footage of it is contained in that 3rd video after the Stranded part, where Arnaud bandages and gives pain medicine to Amecia. I sometimes look at the Analytics for my videos. Viewers on average will watch 1, maybe 2 minutes worth at best of the first part of them. I guess maybe it's a bit misleading to some when they see a cutscene after a battle, and think the video might end with it, but like I said, I DID give a full description of what the videos contain. However descriptions often don't get read. And btw, Duel was definitely the hardest part of the game for me, especially the 2nd phase where the Macula fog makes it hard to see enemies.

The key with the part on the ship, is after rock slinging 3 of the archers as the Count's ship is approaching, run for cover, as the 3rd one killed triggers them to throw Ignifer pots. For the 2nd phase, I recommend taking one crossbow shot at the enemies near Arnaud, then picking up the bolt at the bottom of the stairs, and running to the cover spot near Arnaud, which has all the bolts you need. Your goal then should be to stay crouched, and only use the crossbow to shoot enemies approaching Arnaud to keep more than one of them from attacking him simultaneously, which is the only time he's vulnerable. It's best to take these shots point blank, as it's quicker with less risk of missing, and exposes you less. There was at least one enemy I could have avoided killing in that part, as Arnaud was ready to take him on. I was glad I shot one of the hatchet guys after Arnaud killed the only other guy near him, which was a shield guy, because although Arnaud already killed the shield guy, he had not yet taken his sword out of him, so was technically vulnerable to the hatchet guy.

After a while, the hatchet and shield enemies stop approaching, and you need to kill a couple archers with the sling for the next hatchet guy to come down that comes to the right at you, instead of at Arnaud. It goes without saying you want to time your sling shots at those two archers to avoid getting shot. I find it's best to do that right after they've shot, however if you wait too long and they have their bows raised, the bow can deflect your shot, so winding up the sling just once helps. You need to save at least 1 bolt, which is all I had left, for that hatchet guy that comes at you. Once he's down, Hugo does his thing, or at least tries to.

Last edited:
As for the fight between Arnaud and the Count, I mentioned that in the description of the 3rd video. That mission is called Duel, and the footage of it is contained in that 3rd video after the Stranded part, where Arnaud bandages and gives pain medicine to Amecia. I sometimes look at the Analytics for my videos. Viewers on average will watch 1, maybe 2 minutes worth at best of the first part of them. I guess maybe it's a bit misleading to some when they see a cutscene after a battle, and think the video might end with it, but like I said, I DID give a full description of what the videos contain. However descriptions often don't get read. And btw, Duel was definitely the hardest part of the game for me, especially the 2nd phase where the Macula fog makes it hard to see enemies.
I definitely missed it. I didn't have time to watch all the videos in their entirety, so I just skipped to some of the action in each one and watched for a while. So I missed that fight in your video. So in that case, you definitely got the 4 hardest parts of the game. For me, it was a toss-up between the ship and Arnaud's fight for which was the hardest. Both were very tough. Can't believe you made it through them gimped like that.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I definitely missed it. I didn't have time to watch all the videos in their entirety, so I just skipped to some of the action in each one and watched for a while. So I missed that fight in your video. So in that case, you definitely got the 4 hardest parts of the game. For me, it was a toss-up between the ship and Arnaud's fight for which was the hardest. Both were very tough. Can't believe you made it through them gimped like that.
Yeah I was just kind of experimenting with no upgrades. I had already beaten it on Normal with no HUD and full upgrades, but I was very concerned about the tougher spots, especially with no upgrades.

The strategy I just posted on my last reply works very well on the ship. Before that I was dying some. If you haven't tried it that way, you may end up rethinking which battle is hardest. Like I said, the spookiest thing about Duel is the 2nd phase where the enemies are hard to see and predict where they'll spawn. However I discovered if you stay at one end of the beach at the start of that phase and kill a couple enemies, the others coming spawn at the other end. Then it's just a matter of chasing down the ones on that other end, killing all the threats there, then going back to the end you started at to get ones that spawn there. A big part of that battle is keeping the fog from being your worst enemy. I used to take cover somewhere in the middle of the beach, but as soon as I'd taken out a spear guy that was coming from one end, a hatchet guy had me zeroed from behind from the other end. So the moving from end to end strategy works best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
The guys with the shields are the ones I really hate.
Yeah I used to, especially since they move a bit faster. In Duel though you have respawning clay pots, Tar jars laying about, and resources to craft items you need. Also, in the mission where you are looking for Nightshade, there are sacks of salt peter to stun them with, so I took them out with just the sling there, as well as the guys with spears. Hell, even if you miss them with a tar pot like I did in the chapel fight of the first video, the bright light it makes will stun them just as much as salt peter does, and they always lower their shield when stunned.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS