headset selection assistance

Nov 4, 2023
Visit site
i am in need of some assistance guys and girls if you are able.

i need to find a headset that can be used for my pc as well as for the ps4 if possible.
years ago i had a set of turtle beach delta when i was using the 360 and apart from being a little too large head band wise, i loved being able to adjust the volumes for everything to my liking enabling me to hear the footsteps of enemies and gun shots and exactly which direction/how close they was.
i was also able to talk to squad mates without just hearing my own voice

my wife bought a headset from bigw and whilst they are not the worst, when i talk to others ingame it is horrible. all i can hear is my own voice and game sounds are "meh".
i am not an audiophile snob by any means nor do i have a lot of money to splash around on this.
i dont mind if they are wireless or corded (so long as the cord is long enough to arrange it so it is out of the way). i dont care if it has rgb or any other bells and whistles.

many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
I asume you are after a Headset rather than headphones right? Ie a Headset with a mic?

If so, i would personally not chose anything else than Sennheiser or Epos as the gaming stuff is branded these days, but this is so much down to taste that someone else will come inhere and say someting different. Epos is far from the cheapest though. Cable lenght might be an issue if you want more than 1.5meters if you go Epos. That being said, the Epos H3 is probably a decent headset if you want to stick to their "lower" priced stuff.

Do you want USB headset (with built in, usually not fantastic DAC compared to a stand alone DAC) or 3.5mm connector?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023
Visit site
I asume you are after a Headset rather than headphones right? Ie a Headset with a mic?

If so, i would personally not chose anything else than Sennheiser or Epos as the gaming stuff is branded these days, but this is so much down to taste that someone else will come inhere and say someting different. Epos is far from the cheapest though. Cable lenght might be an issue if you want more than 1.5meters if you go Epos. That being said, the Epos H3 is probably a decent headset if you want to stick to their "lower" priced stuff.

Do you want USB headset (with built in, usually not fantastic DAC compared to a stand alone DAC) or 3.5mm connector?
appologies, yes i meant headset.

i honestly dont mind if it is wired or wireless, usb or 3.5mm jack.
i know some people will cringe but even something like the turtle beach x12 which from memory had controls on the cord for base/chat/game/mute from memory (was many years ago and my old brain is not what it used to be so i could be wrong)

appologies, yes i meant headset.

i honestly dont mind if it is wired or wireless, usb or 3.5mm jack.
i know some people will cringe but even something like the turtle beach x12 which from memory had controls on the cord for base/chat/game/mute from memory (was many years ago and my old brain is not what it used to be so i could be wrong)
If you are looking for affordable quality, try HyperX Cloud Alpha. Has a great, detachable mic and good sound quality for an affordable headset. It runs $75 on Amazon.

It doesn't have controls on the cord, though. I'm not familiar with any headsets that do, so I can't help you there. I might look that up on Amazon and see what I can find.

Nov 4, 2023
Visit site
What was the adapter you found? I saw the headset online at jb and it doesn’t look too bad, has the standard volume/mic mute control on the cord and I like the idea of the extension cord from single plug to separate mic/headphone.

i Played on the ps4 today whilst family was home…. Big mistake. Talking to people overrides the game sounds and I had no idea how load I was talking. Is that due to them not having mic monitoring? (think that’s what it is called)
my old pair allowed me to talk and I could hear how loud I was, almost like I didn’t have a headset on whilst still blocking outside noise and allowing immersive game-play.

sorry, not very good on technical terms and whatnot. It’s been nearly 10+ years since I played games on any platform besides my phone tbh

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS