Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Description: My computer for the past 3 months been spewing artifacts at me when skipping, pausing, and loading videos, and for the past 6 months crashing in specific games (Dead by Daylight, War Thunder), the crash results in a black screen with audio output but no input from my mic and keyboard. Photo attached of the artifact given when I skip ahead or pause a video in any video player. And for the crashing in a game imagine loading into the game, and right as you load in a black screen and no inputs only outputs. I've read online that my XFX RX580 has had these issues with other people but that uninstalling and reinstalling drivers fixes it, but hasn't worked for me.

What I've Tried:
-Uninstalling display drivers completely (yes completely), and reinstalling the newest stable build of the drivers
-resetting card's settings through Radeon's software
-Setting clock to recommended settings
-Reinstalling the games/google

Specs:
Graphics Card: XFX RX580 8gb
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3400mhz 6 Core
Ram: 16gb
Motherboard: B350 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A34)
PSU: Corsair RM650x
Graphic Slot: PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot
Storage:
-2TB Hard Drive
-2TB SSD (Boot)

Image of Artifact:

-Uninstalling display drivers completely (yes completely),
Did you use DDU?

You could try a clean installation of Windows i.e. not using Windows' own tool but as per:

If you still have issues after that, it would point to a hardware issue.

You could run DDU and try different versions of the drivers. Including some fairly old ones.

How long have you had the card? Is it still under warranty? I've no idea what XFX's terms are (especially as they will doubtless vary by region)

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Did you use DDU?
Yes

You could run DDU and try different versions of the drivers. Including some fairly old ones.
That's what I meant by stable versions, I tried the newest, and then the widely tested one. I don't believe its a driver error

How long have you had the card? Is it still under warranty? I've no idea what XFX's terms are (especially as they will doubtless vary by region)
I believe I did check and the warranty is for 2 years, however, if I'm not mistaken I believe I got the card 3 years ago.

ill try a clean install of Windows next chance I get and see what happens. I've been debating doing it but putting it off as its a pain to backup all my stuff since I do design projects

TRENDING THREADS