Question GPU works in an other PC and not working in mine.

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi there guys, I'm having this weird problem. I had an RX 580 Nitro+ in my PC and sold it for upgrading purposes, right now I'm stacking up my money for RX 5700XT, but I was feeling bore so I bought a temporary GPU GTX 760 Asus Dual.
First day before inserting the GPU I uninstalled previous AMD drivers using DDU, then inserted the GTX 760, started my PC and installed the proper drivers for it. Everything worked fine, I played 2 hours of Dota (Maybe more), then I shutdown the PC. Instead of shutting down it restarted, I shutdown again and it restarted again. I pulled the AC power, and then turned the PC on, but it didn't start, for 2 seconds case fans spin and then stop and then start again, it's a loop. Then I pulled the card and PC started normally.
Things I tried;
1. Changed my PSU.
2. Pulled the MOBO and brush it properly.
3. Cleaned the RAMs, tried to install them one by one.
4. Checked every possible cable in my case.
5. Changed the CMOS cell.
6. Checked the GPU in two different PCs, works fine.
7. Checked two more GPUs (RTX 2060, RX 480) in my PC, work fine.
Right now I have not installed the GPU and PC is working fine, but now whenever I install the GPU it works for the first time but after shutdown or AC power loss the PC doesn't start.

Specs:
Pro: i7 4790K
Mobo: Asus Q87M-E
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz, 4X4
GPU: Asus Dual GTX 760
CPU Cooler: Corsair H45
PSU: Corsair CX600M 600W
2nd PSU: Antec EarthWatts 650W
Case: ThermalTake Versa J25
Display Cable: Used Both HDMI and DP
Display: HP Z22n

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
There are a few things I would suggest trying. First check your BIOS and make sure there are no GPU enhancing options on. Second is make sure there is no OC on the drivers and software you installed for the GPU on windows.
It sounds like something is getting tripped

TRENDING THREADS