GIGABYTE B650 AORUS Elite AX + 7900x3d won't post

Sep 25, 2024
Visit site
I'm pulling my hair out.

MOBO:

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX

I purchased these items with 64 Gb of memory that was listed on Aorus' QVL.

It didn't post.

I used Qflash to flash the MOBO.

No joy.

I tried every memory configuration possible (single stick tried in each slot individually, dual sticks).

It was first installed per the directions. 1 & 3 I think or A1 and B1... don't remember. Whatever it said to do is what I did.

RMD'd the MOBO, bought another identical. Same problem.

Bought 32 Gb of different Memory that was also on the QVL.

Still no joy.

Also flashed second MOBO.

So now the only thing I can think is it's the CPU.

The CPU light on MOBO comes on briefly when the system is powered on and then it hangs on DRAM. Of course the board has no display to show post codes.

So now I'm just sending it all back. I don't have spare stuff that's known to work that I can try since my last system was AM4 (3660x).

I haven't taken it apart or packed to send back yet.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something I should try before I do all that.

Thanks.

First memory used:

G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MT/s CL32-38-38-96 1.40V Desktop Computer Memory UDIMM - Matte Black (F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR)

Second memory used:

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL36 Desktop Memory Kit of 2 | AMD Expo | Plug N Play | KF560C36BBEK2-32

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
I just got the exact same mobo+cpu combo, and I have the same issue. DRAM light comes on after a brief CPU light flash, then stays on. The RGB LEDs on the RAM (Silicon Power 6000 30 , on the compatibility list) come on.

I don't have components laying around to swap out, so I'm not sure what to replace.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts