CoD: Cold War stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Since I've tried asking numerous friends and watching a lot of youtube videos, and none of which were able to solve my problem I figured I'd try a forum.

For some reason, I get some really annoying stuttering in call of duty cold war. My fps is sitting firmly at 110-140 fps, sometimes it'll dip to 80-90 fps, but it shouldn't be enough to cause any stuttering in my opinion.
I've completely factory reset my pc, only installing call of duty and optimizing my Nvidia settings to ensure nothing on my computer was the cause of it, still no help

My question is whether anyone here has an idea as to what it could be, and how to fix it

For information, I'm running an Intel Core i5 9600K @ 3.70GHz and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, with 16GB of ram using a 144hz 1ms monitor

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Since I've tried asking numerous friends and watching a lot of youtube videos, and none of which were able to solve my problem I figured I'd try a forum.

For some reason, I get some really annoying stuttering in call of duty cold war. My fps is sitting firmly at 110-140 fps, sometimes it'll dip to 80-90 fps, but it shouldn't be enough to cause any stuttering in my opinion.
I've completely factory reset my pc, only installing call of duty and optimizing my Nvidia settings to ensure nothing on my computer was the cause of it, still no help

My question is whether anyone here has an idea as to what it could be, and how to fix it

For information, I'm running an Intel Core i5 9600K @ 3.70GHz and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, with 16GB of ram using a 144hz 1ms monitor

Reactions: Recomen gamer
I had a similar issue when I would start to move my mouse I would get input lag and screen stutters. This was a while ago, but I disabled some in game layovers like Nvidia in game app. Once I disabled some of them including Nvidia it went away. This could be unrelated to yours but I hope it helps..

Reactions: Recomen gamer
Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Useful article here.

PCG also has an article which specifically mentions CoD Warzone—might also apply to CoD Cold War.
While I appreciate the attempt to help, something during those steps just made my entire pc much slower, not only did it not fix the stuttering, it made my game drop to 30 fps with unplayable lag.
Just tried reversing the steps which for some reason had no effect...

Just dropping this here in case someone decides to try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS