FPS drops in AAA online games

Sep 8, 2024
Visit site
I have had an ASUS TUF Dash F15 laptop since December 2022, it's almost been 2 years old. I had the fans cleaned internally and the thermal paste renewed (with a technician) at the beginning of this year because I was having problems with the wifi, the wifi would disconnect for a while when I was playing big online games (for example World of Warships), when we cleaned the laptop the problem disappeared.

A month ago a key was damaged, so I had to buy the complete keyboard to be able to continue using it, I bought the keyboard and with the help of a technician we were able to replace the new keyboard. In order to remove the old keyboard it is necessary to disassemble almost the entire laptop from behind, we took out the RAM, the fans, the disks, almost everything.

When I play again with the new keyboard, I notice that the FPS drops abruptly to 40-50, being normal to remain at +90 FPS (Battlefield 2042 low settings), then the FPS went up to 90-100 and in a few seconds they drop to 40-50 which results in uncomfortable and unplayable gameplay. The same thing happens with the World Of Warships game. I tried with GTA V, the story mode goes perfectly, constant +90 FPS, with explosions, speed, everything fine; but I enter the online mode and the same problem occurs, the FPS drops around 40 and then goes up, so on.

My suspicion is that there is some fault in the wifi or what do you say?
I would love to have your opinions. Thanks.
D_NQ_NP_2X_739492-MEC70736576768_072023-F.webp

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts