Question Flickering after I uninstalled my old monitor software.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Hey there! So, I recently upgraded my monitor from https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824025112?Item=N82E16824025112
to:

Was working fine at 100hz. Today, I was cleaning out old programs, and uninstalled the software for my old monitor. (LG Onscreen control.) Since doing that, my screen will now flicker when I have a game running. Annoyingly so. I reinstalled the display driver, as well as the Nvidia driver and neither helped. When I boot in safe mode, there's no flicker. After messing around, if I put the refresh rate from 100 to 60, the flicker goes away. I can't figure out why previously 100hz was fine before uninstalling the unnecessary software, but now something isn't. Any suggestions?? It's driving me crazy.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
For anyone who has a similar issue, I resolved this after a day or so. And it was pretty stupid.

I re-downloaded all my display drivers, display adapter, GeForce, etc. Nothing worked. Did a clean windows install except for my documents, photos, etc. Still had the issue.

Finally, under the Nvidia control panel, I changed the Gsync setting from "Full screen and windowed" to "Full Screen only", and....it worked! No more flickering. I have no idea why this caused this, or why being in windowed mode would be an issue, but there it is. FYI!

TRENDING THREADS