E3 2023 is canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
The planned big return of E3 in 2023 has been cancelled

This is sad, but it also cracks me up because people like Microsoft and Sony pulled out of E3, but scheduled nearby venues. Basically, they were doing E3, but not paying for it. Now no one is going to go to their shows because E3 isn't happening. It serves them right. How much money did you save now, Microsoft?

But there is another show going on at around the same time, too. It's a smaller event, but will probably have all those trailers and announcements I really like. It's the Summer Game Fest on June 8.

E3 says it will be back. I would be shocked if that actually happens, though. Long after shows had started back up, E3 was still canceling due to Covid, and people learned how to live without them. I feel badly for all the little indie companies, though, who really needed a convention type event to get the word out and maybe talk to publishers.

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
I worked E3 for the launch of Guitar Hero Live and it was an incredible experience. I'm sad it's gone, but it's also prohibitively expensive for low income studios and devs to exhibit so hopefully with more online alternatives and more local games shows, folks can still get that hype but not need to travel so far and at such expense to promote their games. :)

I'll never forget seeing Jodie Foster playing our game tho, that was amazing. :)

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
The planned big return of E3 in 2023 has been cancelled

This is sad, but it also cracks me up because people like Microsoft and Sony pulled out of E3, but scheduled nearby venues. Basically, they were doing E3, but not paying for it. Now no one is going to go to their shows because E3 isn't happening. It serves them right. How much money did you save now, Microsoft?

But there is another show going on at around the same time, too. It's a smaller event, but will probably have all those trailers and announcements I really like. It's the Summer Game Fest on June 8.

E3 says it will be back. I would be shocked if that actually happens, though. Long after shows had started back up, E3 was still canceling due to Covid, and people learned how to live without them. I feel badly for all the little indie companies, though, who really needed a convention type event to get the word out and maybe talk to publishers.

It broke my heart. Thank you for providing this information. I'd like to offer a website where You may go if you want to write an essay. and then click to read more about this website and complete your essay assignment. If you are looking for essay writing services online then you can go to this website you may see several sites which helps you to complete your assignmnets.
It broke my heart :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedClampet
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS