Does anyone make ZERO-flicker computer monitors?

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site
Are any of the "low-flicker monitors" completely flicker free, not just low enough flicker to meet some low-flicker certification? Ideally I’m looking for something completely flicker-free like the LG EVO OLED TVs, but smaller. I do not know all the terminology but some things I’ve been told to look for are monitors with no PWM (pulse width modulation), no DSLR, and no temporal dithering. What are my choices 27" to 35"?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi and welcome. What youre asking is not something even the best review sites really talk about any more. Far as I can tell most monitors do not use PWM at higher brightness levels, but some do.

If you have a sensitivity to it and like to use low brightness levels, I would just check out some recommendations from a good review site like Rtings or PC Gamer and then look for specific in depth reviews that might mention it as a problem. My hunch is that with the higher quality monitors it wont be.

If youre looking for more specific recommendations, it would help to know what the rest of your system components are and what you will use it for mainly, Esports gaming, AAA single player games, media consumtion or work?

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site
Hi and welcome. What youre asking is not something even the best review sites really talk about any more. Far as I can tell most monitors do not use PWM at higher brightness levels, but some do.

If you have a sensitivity to it and like to use low brightness levels, I would just check out some recommendations from a good review site like Rtings or PC Gamer and then look for specific in depth reviews that might mention it as a problem. My hunch is that with the higher quality monitors it wont be.

If youre looking for more specific recommendations, it would help to know what the rest of your system components are and what you will use it for mainly, Esports gaming, AAA single player games, media consumtion or work?

Thanks. Its for work. Aiming for specific recs.

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site

Whats it mean some of these say PWM 0HZ some say 1000HZ.

Regardless, which monitor of these is best overall? And which is best <$500? I need one that can play 23.9/24hz movies at 23/24hz or 47/48 or 71/72 or 95/96 or 119/120 or 143/144 hz.

TRENDING THREADS