Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
We finally have the "remake" of the game. Honestly from what I've seen on Blizzcon it makes me very happy and hopeful that the game will be done properly as Vicarious Visions are managing the project itself. Most importantly the core game will stay the same, rules, movement, environment, loot... everything. And the quality of life will be improved for todays RPG hack and slash standards.

I personally wont pre purchase, but as soon as I see the reviews and community feedback, if its all good, you can have my money!

What's your opinion on all of this?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm also waiting for Diablo 2: Resurrected. The core thing is whether Blizzard will fulfill his promises. They promised a lot when it comes for Warcraft 3: Reforged and we all know how it ended. If they manage to deliver all of the announced features, we'll have a wonderful remaster. I have to say though that the 3D version of the game has a slightly different atmosphere. Perhaps it would be better to stick to the 2D engine and prepare high resolution assets only. This was done well in Starcraft Remastered. But apparently Blizzard aims into something more. That's quite risky, but may be profitable if done properly.

If they can't make this right, they should just pack their bags and call it quits. I'm fine with any outcome as I don't really have much good to say about Blizzard these days. Ok, strike that, maybe I do care a little since I did LOVE the original and it would be awesome for the fanbase (especially the speedrunning community), but at the same time, it's Blizzard we are talking about.

Last edited:

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Yea... I may have preordered that one.... never again. I'm simply assuming Diablo II: Resurrected is garbage until I watch reviews that prove otherwise.
It's pretty sad, but I'm very much the same way for any game from a AAA company, such as Activision Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, CDProjekt Red etc.

I've been burned far too many times and promised too much only to receive an unfinished product. I even remember when the original Diablo 3 came out. It was quite broken and only perfected into the gem that it is at a much later date.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Diablo 2 Resurrected. I'm hoping to take part in the alpha or beta, and will look out for the PC Gamer review once it drops.

Cautiously optimistic is the keyword for 2020 onwards. I'm on the same boat as you all. All fingers crossed...
Funny_Pictures_11864.jpg

Didn't get into the alpha unfortunately but from the reviews and all the videos ive seen so far, Vicarious Visions seems to be doing a great job with it. I have loved the idea of being able to switch between the new and old versions and the new one is pretty spot on from the original. It'll be nice to play but i'm not like going nuts for it, there is an EXCELLENT Grim Dawn /Diablo 2 full conversion mod called Reign of Terror, which quelled my thirst for an updated version of Diablo 2 and it wasn't made by Blizzard, a company i don't like supporting too much anymore for various reasons. I highly recommend checking that out as a Diablo 2 fan, albeit you need a copy of Grim Dawn.

So when is it out?

i played it a few years when it came out, then after I played it so much I couldn't look at it anymore, I spent 8 or so years trying to find something similar. I did find a few eventually so i guess, after almost 20 years I might be able to look at it again.

Apart from watching speedruns, I can't really remember game.

Hope no AH in this version like they slipped into 3 (they eventually realised that was dumb, and turned game into a shopping game)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
So when is it out?

We don't know exactly when. There were rumors that the game will be released in June, but this is out of option I presume. Blizzard has announced that there will be one more round of beta tests. It's unlikely that the tests and the release date will be both next month. We'll have to wait till the end of the summer probably.

There will be no auction house. This game is planned as 1:1 D2 equivalent with very minor enhancements (not including the graphics of course, which will receive a major overhaul).

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Honestly, I try to keep my expectations low so that Diablo 2 won't be a massive disappointment, but rather an "okay disappointment". But maybe I'm just seeing things in darker colors these days.

From what I saw seems that you have no reasons to fear. The game will be exactly the same as the original except with a new engine. You'll even have the option to change the graphics on the fly.

Reactions: Panji81 and Tom8771
I wonder how much of the Diablo 2 manual still applies to the new version... I have it around somewhere, though i can't find it right now.

Minimum requirements (720p)
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • Drive Space: 30GB
Recommended requirements (1080p)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  • Drive Space: 30GB

Well, my last pc would have run minimum easy enough but not recommended, but I can now.
Not sure what is needed for 1440p though.

Reactions: Panji81 and Sarafan
Jun 7, 2021
Visit site
I wonder how much of the Diablo 2 manual still applies to the new version... I have it around somewhere, though i can't find it right now.

Well, my last pc would have run minimum easy enough but not recommended, but I can now.
Not sure what is needed for 1440p though.

What are your specs? Dungeon crawlers like this usually don't require too much juice to run.

Reactions: Panji81
Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
I'm also waiting for Diablo 2: Resurrected. The core thing is whether Blizzard will fulfill his promises. They promised a lot when it comes for Warcraft 3: Reforged and we all know how it ended. If they manage to deliver all of the announced features, we'll have a wonderful remaster. I have to say though that the 3D version of the game has a slightly different atmosphere. Perhaps it would be better to stick to the 2D engine and prepare high resolution assets only. This was done well in Starcraft Remastered. But apparently Blizzard aims into something more. That's quite risky, but may be profitable if done properly.

Reactions: Panji81

TRENDING THREADS