…since its predecessors are classics.

I'll have a peek at…
#20: Star Wars Outlaws
…since it's an Open World from Ubi.

Had a look at the further 36 'wishlist' games at the end of the article:

Crown Wars: The Black Prince
Unlikely of interest, but possible.

Solium Infernum
…looks far too weird to totally ignore, demo on way.

Songs of Silence
…interesting maybe, demo on way.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Homeworld 3 will torture me. I've never enjoyed proper RTS games, just disguised ones like Sacrifice and BattleZone. However, I loved the demo for Homeworld 1. I played it a lot, then bought the game, then got tired of the game after maybe 10 hours. Then I got tempted by Homeworld: Cataclysm (now Homeworld: Emergence because of silly trademarks). I got a lot further into that, but never finished it, either.

Now the third entry is going to tempt me, too. I'll probably get it and not finish it, either. Though maybe if I just play it on easy mode...

I'm certainly looking forward to Dragon's Dogma 2. The first game was a lot of fun despite the graphics being rather weak by the time the game got to PC. I still watch some of the videos I took of the bigger fights in the game.

Star Wars: Outlaws has a good chance - we'll see. Ditto for Avowed.

I only got a little ways into the first STALKER game, but I'll give it a look.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is a likely buy for me, once I get to that point in the series.

The Elden Ring DLC will likely be bought along with Elden Ring itself soon after it shows up.

Also looking forward to....

Stalker 2 should be up my alley, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I still remember picking up the original STALKER on release at Best Buy for $40; I was damn stoked for it. Clear Sky was ok and Pripyat was fantastic. For some reason, I'm a bit skeptical they can repeat success this late into the game, but I do love me some EuroJank.

Menace looks pretty damn neat. I love Mechs, tactical combat and really loved Battle Brothers, so seems like an obvious choice.

Gloomwood is damn high on my list. So far, I've loved everything Dave Szymanski has done. DUSK was a revelation upon release and Iron Lung, while having a disappointing ending, was very novel and interesting. Short game, but I played it all the way through immediately, which is a rarity for me, so I'm all about Gloomwood.

Edit: I should also say Shadows of Doubt. I ******* LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one and absolutely cannot wait for full release, which will hopefully be next year.

I'll eventually get Stalker 2. I loved the novel it is based on and hope this game does a better job of capturing that atmosphere than the first one did. The trailers give me hope. But it's still going to be an SP shooter, which means there's no chance that I'll actually finish it.

And I've completely changed my mind on Hades 2. That's going to be a purchase. I never did finish the first one, but part of that is because it left Game Pass, as I've thought about it on and off since then. Don't care if Hades 2 comes to Game Pass this time. I'm just going to purchase it.

My wife talked me into buying a TV a couple of months ago, and I haven't watched anything on it yet. I'd still rather just watch this on my laptop, but if I can get my wife interested, maybe we can watch it together on the TV. Step One: Tell her it's a romantic comedy. Hey, they put romcoms inside everything, so it could be true!

I like their trailers, but I've never actually played their games. I thought I owned Battle Brothers, but it must be one of their other games I'm thinking of.
Pretty sure Battle Brothers was their first game, maybe you have Overhype mixed up with someone else? Or theres something I dont know.

Edit: Ahh I bet youre thinking of Hooded Horse, they've been publishing loads of interesting looking EA strategy games in the last year or so. I didnt realize Menace was being published by them.

Pretty sure Battle Brothers was their first game, maybe you have Overhype mixed up with someone else? Or theres something I dont know.

Edit: Ahh I bet youre thinking of Hooded Horse, they've been publishing loads of interesting looking EA strategy games in the last year or so. I didnt realize Menace was being published by them.
Yeah, after reading your post, I wandered through my library, and I was actually thinking of Battleblock Theater. I do have Battle Brothers wishlisted, but I'd forgotten all about that game. To make matters more confusing, I was apparently also getting Battle Brothers and Wartales confused. I've been playing Wartales, but my subconscious idea of what Wartales was was mixed with Battle Brothers, which I've only ever seen trailers for.

Yeah, after reading your post, I wandered through my library, and I was actually thinking of Battleblock Theater. I do have Battle Brothers wishlisted, but I'd forgotten all about that game. To make matters more confusing, I was apparently also getting Battle Brothers and Wartales confused. I've been playing Wartales, but my subconscious idea of what Wartales was was mixed with Battle Brothers, which I've only ever seen trailers for.

BB and Wartales have more than a passing similarity in gameplay, understandable. BattleBlock Theater though? :ROFLMAO:

Zloth

Community Contributor
BB!!
full

(Death Stranding joke)

Haven't read it yet. Just making the thread.

There's a couple of games on there that I'd play if I got them for free. Even a few I might get once they're on sale for less than €10. Haunted Chocolatier is the only one I think I might get near(ish) launch, assuming it has multiplayer, so I can play with my wife and/or kid.

time to upgrade to Windows 11

Why, when you can move to 12 in a year or so—with nearly 2 years breathing space if 12 is dodgy at start. 12 is going to be important unless they screw up AI integration—which they certainly might. My advice is hold off to see how that goes, and then decide between 11 and 12 before October '25 when 10 official support ends—altho that could get extended, like 7 did.

Best I hear about 11 is that it's no worse than 10, especially for those who mod UI to be like 10. If you buy a new PC you'll get 11, but it's otherwise difficult to justify moving to it unless you have some specific need not served by 10.

About the article, main line there is:
"there is no given source to backup this claim"

I'm sticking with my October '24 prediction :)

Reactions: Pifanjr
Speaking of installing Windows, about once a month after an update, my Windows pops up the "Let's finish getting Windows ready" screen, and I always just hit the "X" to close it. I've had this laptop for 13 months now, and I've never gone through all the questions about tracking, setting up voice recognition, making Windows more helpful by letting them watch me sleep, etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts