Cyberpunk 2077 on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

So I'm a pc gamer who doesn't know a lot about computers. Yesterday I bought Cyberpunk without checking whether my computer would be adequate to run it. I've now looked up the specs required for it but I am still a little unclear on some things. It has enough resolution, good enough OS, barely good enough memory, and good enough storage. What I am unclear about are it's GFX settings, it's graphics card and it's vram. None of which showed up when I searched them in my system information. I'm also a little unclear on the processor. Mine is listed as Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10 GHz, 2304, 2 core(s), 4 logical processors. On the site that says what specs are and are not adequate it doesn't list that as being a good one or a bad one. And if these specs don't work, are there ways to upgrade them?

Thanks.

Reactions: endra_nice_lord

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Without knowing full specs I can only take an educated guess, but looking at results on Dell's site for Inspiron 15 3000 there's no way your laptop will be able to run Cyberpunk 2077. Or any demanding game at all, really.

Your CPU is "too weak" and you don't seem to have a dedicated GPU (graphic card), only integrated one that is fine for browsing web or watching Youtube.

And no, there's no meaningful updates available for laptops. You could add more memory (RAM) or swap HDD to SSD to SSD to bigger SSD but that's it. You can't replace any of the more important parts.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Without knowing full specs I can only take an educated guess, but looking at results on Dell's site for Inspiron 15 3000 there's no way your laptop will be able to run Cyberpunk 2077. Or any demanding game at all, really.

Your CPU is "too weak" and you don't seem to have a dedicated GPU (graphic card), only integrated one that is fine for browsing web or watching Youtube.

And no, there's no meaningful updates available for laptops. You could add more memory (RAM) or swap HDD to SSD to SSD to bigger SSD but that's it. You can't replace any of the more important parts.
Alright. Well thank you. I guess I'll either have to get a new much more expensive computer or just treat it as a $60 lesson to not buy games without checking specs.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site

Would this one work? https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/del...aptop/spd/g-series-15-5500-laptop/gn5500ehwih

I looked at the specs and from what I can tell it would work but I don't want to buy it without being sure.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Would this one work? https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/del...aptop/spd/g-series-15-5500-laptop/gn5500ehwih

I looked at the specs and from what I can tell it would work but I don't want to buy it without being sure.
The laptop linked would be able to run Cyberpunk 2077 and on somewhat decent settings.
You may want to create a topic just for that: asking what's best laptop for your budget and where you live, others may help you more on this - I am not "on top" of laptops and what's most worthwile right now.

And yeah, unless you have a really good rig, checking the specs and requirements is a good idea to avoid falling into traps like the one you experienced.

Nov 29, 2020
Visit site
I don't want to come across as rude or mean. But your laptop would not work with cyberpunk at all. Because you don't have an powerful CPU...Nor an good GPU. Hence the gameplay would be bad. Nevertheless next time when your purchasing an PC game keep in mind of the required specs for the game. That's what we PC gamers usually do we check whether can we run the game or not unlike console.

Take Care :)