CPU utilization randomly showing as super low! Help!

Oct 2, 2022
Hey guys, to start, I'll list my specs to give you an idea of what I'm working with.

Intel i7 10700
GeForce RTX 3070
16gb RAM 2933 mhz
Lenovo Legion motherboard(don't judge me, building a new PC soon)
256GB M.2 NVMe SSD(upgrading to 2TB)
1 TB HDD
650W EVGA PSU

So for the entirety of the time I've had this PC, the CPU utilization was always around the 10-30% usage per MSI Afterburner and GeForce Experience. Now, all of a sudden, the utilization is showing as 0%-4% per Afterburner and GeForce Experience. What would be causing this? I didn't really change any settings. No overclocking as this motherboard doesn't support it. No BIOS changes or anything. I use Afterburner for the FPS/temperature counter but the only thing I really use besides that is EVGA Precision for my fan curve. I downloaded CPUID to check that and it's showing the same low percentage. However, if I look in the task manager, it does show that the CPU is being used. When I look at the app usage, it shows its being used in the game. Is that accurate, then? Is there something wrong with my FPS counters? I can't seem to figure it out. I haven't really had any problems in games. Still hitting 60 FPS(60hz monitor, unfortunately), no stutters, no crashes. Is there a way I can reset Afterburner and GF Experience to show that correct usage? I reinstalled them both but still getting the same low numbers. I also checked Intel Processor Diagnostic and the CPU passed every test. Any help would be great. Thank you!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts