Question CPU red light

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi (sorry in advance for my english, I'm not from USA or UK), this is my set up:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire Pulse RX 5600XT
MSI B550 Gaming edge WiFi
NZXT Kraken X53 240mm
Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB
BeQuiet 600W PSU

I had some problems booting the system for the first time, but after a few tries and some different BIOS flashes I made it work. But after a few minutes, the system shut downeven though everything was powered up (fans, liquid cooling, motherboards led) and the CPU red light on the debug leds was on. This happened like three or four times, then it just gave me the red CPU light without turning on (fans, leds, liquid cooling were on).
So I tried changing motherboard, changing RAMs, changing CPU, but the result was always the same, a red CPU light.
The only thing I haven't tried yet is changing the PSU.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Personally I don't think that the water cooling is the problem, the few times I got it to boot up the temperature were low (35-40°C) and I also tried switching to the stock cooler that came included, nothing changed obviously.

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Try clearing CMOS. Check your mobo manual... you might be able to press a CMOS reset button if one is located new your rear ports. It's easier to reset CMOS with that button rather than opening up your case to reset CMOS. Bios upgrades are tricky if you're not careful. good luck

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Infortunato no..I think I was just really really unlucky, i changed both the motherboard and the cpu because I couldn't find a way to make it boot so it was probably one of them being faulty, if not both.