Question CPU debug LED lights up with only one ram stick in but will switch to just the DRAM light after installing two sticks

May 22, 2020
Visit site
SPECS:
Mobo: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x
GPU: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 3600mhz x2
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W
Storage: 2TB seagate barracuda HDD
1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD
500GB Sabrent Rocket NVME M.2

I’m new to building computers and this is my first. Ive just purchased everything fairly recently (within a month) and I’ve installed everything correctly according to my manual and I’m getting all power to everything (CPU, GPU, Computer fans, etc.) but my DRAM debug light on my mobo is lighting up and if I take out one stick of ram to begin the typical diagnostic test instead of my DRAM light it’s the CPU light. I’ve been told to flash the bios through customer support but this mobo should have came installed with the latest and up to date version. Any suggestions or tips would be great!

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Have you tried only one stick of RAM on every slot?
After that power off the machine. Use one stick of RAM and hold the MemOK! button, it should power on. It will cycle for 3 stages. Slow blink, medium and fast.
Leave it to cycle for 5-15 minutes, Longer if you wish as it will do no harm. Reset the Cmos if you notice no change if you want to start from scratch. If it doesn't post then follow this guide and see if you get anywhere,

TRENDING THREADS