Case upgrade / RGB

Nov 26, 2020
Visit site
Hiya,

My current system specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, 4.2 GHz Max Boost)
Motherboard: AMD X570 AORUS Motherboard with 12+2 Phases IR Digital VRM Fins-Array Heatsink & Direct Touch Heatpipe Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 with Thermal Guards Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed USB Type-C RGB Fusion 2.0
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3733MHz Performance Memory Kit - PVS416G373C7K
Storage: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB) plus 2 x Western Digital 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM - Caviar Green
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC 3X 8GB GDDR6 Ray-Tracing Graphics Card, 2560 Core, 1605MHz GPU, 1815MHz Boost
Case: Corsair CC-9011020-WW Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Computer Case - Steel Silver
Power Supply: Corsair CP-9020055-UK RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit

For CPU cooling I have:

ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO - Tower CPU Cooler with BioniX P-Series case fan in push-pull, 120 mm PWM processor fan for Intel and AMD socket, for CP

Case fans:

Thermaltake Riing Trio 14 RGB Radiator Fan / 3 Pack With Controller/Low Noise - PWM Case Fan / 30 LED/NeonMaker Supported - Black, CL-F077-PL14SW-A

I want to upgrade the case and was thinking of getting a:

NZXT H510 Elite - Premium Mid-Tower ATX Case PC Gaming Case - Dual-Tempered Glass Panel - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Vertical GPU Mount - Integrated RGB Lighting - Water-Cooling Ready - White/Black

My main concern is the noise that I get from my current case and fans is ridiculously loud and no matter what settings I use in the Gigabyte software to slow the fans down it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've done some reading around and understand that the Gigabyte software is a pile of sh*t.

My question is what would be the best pairing of case fans / and cooling so that I don't have to put up with the noise that I get with the current rig and would be compatible with Gigabyte's software so that the RGB syncs.

Would the Aorus Liquid Cooler
Gigabyte Aorus Liquid Cooler 240, All-in-one Liquid Cooler with Circular LCD Display, RGB Fusion 2.0, Dual 120mm ARGB Fans
be a suitable addition to the system in the new case and will the NZXT RGB fans be able to sync with everything else?

Thanks.

I very recently came across some very good fan control software. Up until this point Ive used the Asus AI suite that came with my motherboard but this has been way better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLICmn1_a7bGBYnhnD76W5hR9e5CK2bkDi&v=LyIaxuppBAI&feature=emb_logo

Theres a link to download the software and the video guide to get you started, it's free.

I have heard that some of the X570 Chipset fans (the small one on the motherboard) can be annoyingly loud. I assume its possible to monitor that from the BIOS and potentially change the curve on it as log as the chipset temperatures are acceptable. Potentially using the above software, I don't have any experience with X570 myself but you should check it out. Find out what good running temps for the chipset are and make sure you stay safely under that level , most importantly.

How many case fans are you running? I assume you replaced the 200mm front fans with the Thermaltake RGB specials?

If your arent overclocking anything you could probably get away with running 2 front intakes and one back exhaust. Personally I run 2 front, one bottom intake and a single back 140mm exhaust. Having an extra bottom intake gets more air to the gpu and allows me to run the intakes at 50-70% max when gaming. This helps to keep the GPU fans spinning a bit lower, as they are the loudest in the system.

Remove and extra HDD drive cages you arent using, this allows air to move more freely through the case, and so your fans dont need to spin as fast, cable manage properly for the same reason.

Another other thing would be to check your power supply, does it need a dusting out? Apparently it has a passive fan at low loads. Your link points to the wrong one I think, this is your one according to the part number. So that shouldnt be causing any noise issues.

Are you manually controlling your GPU fans and monitoring temperatutes? It's worth installing MSI Afterburner and setting up a custom fan profile there to keep your temperatures and noise from the GPU at the curve that suits you. If you arent already.

I doubt that installing a 240mm CLC will be any quieter then your current Arctic cooler. You'll have 2x 120mm fans plus a pump running 24/7 in place of 2x120mm fans. See how adjusting the other fan curves goes first.

Guru 3d also werent fans (sorry) of the 360mm model at least. Apparently the software has it running at full revs in silent mode at times. I can't find a review from a site that I know to be reputable for the 240mm.

Sorry I have no experience or idea about RGB lighting, maybe someone else can chime in. I just like to keep things cool :)