Buying a new gaming laptop

Oct 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was thinking to get the MSI Vector GP 68HX 13V 16” laptop currently priced at £1,999 but saw that there is also a new one which is Vector GP 78HX and not sure whether it’s really worth getting the new one. Couldn’t find comparison between them two. And what more the gp 78 has.
I also saw the MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes Amg Version, but it is priced at £2,399, so not sure whether it is really worth the £400 more.

Another option that I was considering was to get a custom built laptop but not sure whether that is a better option than already built MSI laptop.
Also it will be a hard choice what components to use for it so that it is really good for around £2,000.

Link for Msi Vector GP68 - https://www.currys.co.uk/products/m...intel-core-i9-rtx-4080-1-tb-ssd-10254721.html

Link for MSI Stealth Mercedes - https://www.currys.co.uk/products/m...intel-core-i9-rtx-4070-1-tb-ssd-10251944.html

I would really appreciate your professional opinion on that. I would appreciate your recommendations for really good gaming laptop for around £2,000 (+/-£200), I was thinking to be MSI rather than other brand but feel free to give me your best 2023 choices.
Thanks in advance

This is going to sound crazy because MSi is a big name in PC gaming, but I don't recommend their laptops at all. Not only have I had problems with them, but they rate very poorly in the last consumer ratings that I checked.

On the other hand, HP, who makes terrible printers, makes brilliant gaming laptops. My HP Omen stays far cooler than any gaming laptop I've ever had and runs like a charm. I've had it for a year now and haven't had the first problem with it, whereas my MSI started to go downhill about this time.

The top rated gaming laptops by consumer satisfaction are Lenovo, HP and Dell.

As far as custom built, the only one I'm familiar with is Sager, and I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 24, 2023
Visit site
This is going to sound crazy because MSi is a big name in PC gaming, but I don't recommend their laptops at all. Not only have I had problems with them, but they rate very poorly in the last consumer ratings that I checked.

On the other hand, HP, who makes terrible printers, makes brilliant gaming laptops. My HP Omen stays far cooler than any gaming laptop I've ever had and runs like a charm. I've had it for a year now and haven't had the first problem with it, whereas my MSI started to go downhill about this time.

The top rated gaming laptops by consumer satisfaction are Lenovo, HP and Dell.

As far as custom built, the only one I'm familiar with is Sager, and I wouldn't recommend them at all.
Really appreciate your opinion. I saw that people really recommend the asus models for 2023 but still trying to decide what to choose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts