Question Bios screen at start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
I just built my first pc. I have a asus 570x pro motherboard with w10 and everytime I boot up it goes into the bios setup. I am using a samsung 500g ssd for the windows OS. I have tried to set the order up but I have to always go into the bios and click on the drive to get it to boot to windows. I have looked at some you tube videos but they are not very helpful or cannot understand what they are saying. I installed the OS from a usb. I can get around the whole thing but it is irritating to have to do the whole go through the bios thing and especially for the wife. Any advice or link to the problem would be awsome.

Things to try until one of them solves it or at least identifies the problem:

1. In BIOS look for Boot Manager and check that your SSD is the first listed boot device.
In disks section, make sure SSD is set as the right 'type'—eg not IDE. [been a while, unsure of terminology on this—your manuals should clarify]

2. Remove any peripherals attached to the PC—if still a problem, remove keyboard and mouse too. Boot checks all hardware and devices, and will jump into BIOS if it detects a problem.

3. Check if any key is stuck down on your keyboard. Certain keys are allocated to booting into BIOS, typically Delete or F12, maybe F2.

4. If you have extra drives, detach all except C:

Reactions: Frans
Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
okay so something you said may be a problem. On boot it says that cpu fan not detected. I have a artic aio cooler that doesnt have a seperate fan connection. I put the other fans on different headers and they all work just fine. If it sensed something on that circuit may it solve it?

Reactions: Frans
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS