Best Pre-built PC?

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, first post so I apologize if I am not asking this in the right forum.

I would like to get into PC gaming for the first time, but I do not know anything about PC parts. I don’t have the knowledge or time to build a PC.

I’m willing to drop a solid $1500 on a complete pre-built PC. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I’m willing to drop a solid $1500 on a complete pre-built PC
Does "complete" include I/O, ie KB, mouse & monitor(s)?

Good post JCgames :)

You really want a 1T SSD for your main drive
My current storage setup:
SSD 256GB system & programs
SSD 1TB games
HD 4TB data & current media
External 4TB backup & media archive

I strongly recommend an external backup drive, which is usually kept disconnected from the PC—your safeguard against something zapping the PC's internal storage, eg I've had a couple of motherboards blow over the decades.

I have a lot of software, someone who's using a PC mainly for gaming will be fine with 128GB. I like to keep my system & programs SSD small so it's nice and quick to run disk images and various scans which a system disk can benefit from.

1TB games SSD so I don't have to keep uninstalling the ones I replay periodically.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Just remember that if you get a new system, you want to make sure you have a motherboard that isnt going to need replacing the next generational change drops for your chosen brand of CPU.

dont even worry about a backup system yet. You can get external USB backups at walmart for 50-100$ based on size. And even with backups, a smalelr size is better as even backups fail.

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Honestly man you can build your own PC with no prior knowledge.

I learnt myself on YouTube. Just think of the parts on adult lego. It is so simple i promise you.

If you build your own rig you will get a lot more for your money.

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
It does however require a couple of personal characteristics:
The ability to understand & follow instructions carefully;
A temperament which won't take a hammer to the motherboard when first problem arises.

Hahaha yeah if you are a hot head with i smash things sorta thing it may not be for you.

But honestly it is very straightforward. I am very inpatient and i wouldn't say i am the brightest, but i get by with this just fine.

OP, watch some videos online about builds and see what you think.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Zloth SMASH!!! Huh. Puny motherboard.

Let's see, you can have a Cyberpower PC put together with a GeForce RTX 2060, a 23" monitor, 16GB of memory, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, a ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX motherboard, 500GB Western Digital M.2 drive, 600W power supply, and case. That would cost $1652, so not quite on budget. Should allow for some super-fast loading of games.

If the $1500 is a hard limit, I would pull the video card back to a GTX 1660. Your monitor will probably be a 1920x1080 so that should still be pretty good. If you end up liking gaming a lot, you can update the video card then buy another monitor with higher resolution (and keep the existing one as a second monitor, assuming you've got space for it).

Oh, and I'm not sure what your sound situation is. You can plug in headphones (be sure to get a case with headphone jacks you can get at easily) or plug in some speakers. If you need to buy some, that's more $$$.

(And yeah, it's confusing. This is where the console folks get a leg up. You go to the store, you buy a brand, then you buy the games with that console's name on the box. Super easy. We get back in the lead with our mods and flexibility.)

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS