Best Platformer Games for PC

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I remember the first platforming franchise I was a big fan of was Sonic the Hedgehog. I was an easily manipulated kid and thought that Sonic was literally the cool game character ever. (Until I discovered the even cooler Shadow the Hedgehog.) It wasn't until my cousin introduced me to Mario that I started to explore the genre. After a decade of playing platformers like Mega Man and Shovel Knight, I have fostered a great passion for the genre. Now I am here writing about it as well. I have made a list of the best PC platformers. Top PC Platformers Would love to hear what I've missed.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I enjoyed Sonic when I was a young boy on the Genesis at friend's houses. My parents didn't want me getting into Mortal Kombat and the like so they bought me a SNES with a bunch of Mario games. Then when N64 came out Mario 64 was AWESOME! Sunk in so many hours on that game.

Once I got older PlayStation came out and I got into Tekken quite a bit, still at friends' houses. I liked playing as King the most since he had a Leopard's mask on, thought he was really cool. My favorite game franchise on PlayStation was probably the Siphon Filter series. Loved tazing people so hard they catch on fire.

Then once PS2 came out I got into Metal Gear Solid. Oh what fun I had. I was too young to understand how to play the first Metal Gear but once I bought a PS2 with my own money I was old enough to know what to do.

PlayStation 2 was probably my favorite console followed closely by Super Nintendo. Both great consoles with great games. I could go on and on about this but I'll just leave it right here.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I enjoyed Sonic when I was a young boy on the Genesis at friend's houses. My parents didn't want me getting into Mortal Kombat and the like so they bought me a SNES with a bunch of Mario games. Then when N64 came out Mario 64 was AWESOME! Sunk in so many hours on that game.

Once I got older PlayStation came out and I got into Tekken quite a bit, still at friends' houses. I liked playing as King the most since he had a Leopard's mask on, thought he was really cool. My favorite game franchise on PlayStation was probably the Siphon Filter series. Loved tazing people so hard they catch on fire.

Then once PS2 came out I got into Metal Gear Solid. Oh what fun I had. I was too young to understand how to play the first Metal Gear but once I bought a PS2 with my own money I was old enough to know what to do.

PlayStation 2 was probably my favorite console followed closely by Super Nintendo. Both great consoles with great games. I could go on and on about this but I'll just leave it right here.
I only recently decided to play Mario 64 in its entirity and I am so glad that I did. The amount of ideas for worlds that 64 brought to the table was astonishing for being the first 3d platformer of its kind. Mario 64 grabs your attention and never lets go.

Tekken and fighting games in general haven't caught my interest, mostly because I refuse to put the work to actually get good at but I love MGS.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Contra Collection
N( Flash Game)
Mega Man Collection
FEZ
Valfaris
Azure Striker Gunvolt
20XX
Retro Doom
And the vast majority of free games on itch.io (I recommend Dan Fessler's games)

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Recent years:
Ori and the Blind Forest (haven't played the sequel yet).
Trine 2.
Tomb Raider - remake. (still a a platformer right?).
Inside.

Oldies:
Flashback.
Prince of Persia.
Wonderboy 3.
Ghouls 'n Ghosts.