Best-of-the-Best VR games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm talking only the very best AAA-feeling games, not ones that are mostly awesome:

(in no particular order)

From Other Suns
Lone Echo
Boneworks
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Elite Dangerous (with a good HOTAS)

Honorable mentions (just below best of the best):

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (needs content)
The Forest (needs optimizing)
Echo Combat (needs content, but it's like a scene from Ender's Game)
Stormlands (needs depth)
No Man's Sky (non-VR feels better, but it's still awesome)

Please give me your recommendations!

Reactions: Chriz86
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Nice to not be the only VR advocate around here ;). Great picks so far, I'll add my "must play" PCVR games that have not been mentioned yet:

-Asgard's Wrath: a full RPG that makes great use of VR with surprisingly fun combat.
-Beat Saber: a 5 second GIF is enough to sell the idea.
-Dirt Rally: I didn't know racing games could be scary.
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes: a great party game to test your abilities to cooperate with someone else.
-I Expect You to Die: a satisfying "escape the room" game in a 60s Bond setting.
-Job Simulator: THE classic VR game, ideal for newcomers.
-SuperHOT VR: makes you feel amazing and sells VR as a concept immediately. It is now my favorite game ever.
-Thrill of the Fight: simple graphics but a real workout.
-The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners: putting a knive into a head of a zombie never felt so good (and gross).

Reactions: Beetroot
Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Think you have to add Half-Life Alyx here too now, probly at the top of the list.

Aside from the one's already listed above I'd say the following should be considered top tier:

1) Pavlov-The King of FPS on VR
2) Valve's The Lab-It's mostly a minigame collection but extremely high quality in each one.
3) Blade & Sorcery-VR's own top tier sandbox
4) Tetris Effect-Only downside is you have to download the Epic Store...then use SteamVR to play this. It's worth it though

I'd also give a shoutout to a lot of "Non Games" for VR that should be consdiered "Must Haves".

1) Google Earth: Travel the World (start with New York!). You can fly like superman, then dive to street view and see the actual sites. Both fun and useful, if you're going to travel you can see your destination ahead of time.

2) Space Engine: The "Mind Blown" app of VR. Start at earth and start travelling and realize...we are so very small. The actual size of the known universe compared to our own corner is just impossible to realize till you see it.

3) Virtual Desktop: Want to play a youtube video on imax, or a movie from Amazon? This is how. It turns your desktop into a viewable window of any size, and has special rooms like turning into a theatre or making a supremely giant viewing window in outer space. Very customizable with options

4) Bigscreen: A great and free* way to watch movies, including 3D (no glasses) movies and lots of TV channels. It sort of double's on virtual desktop's functionality but has "other people" who can screen their movies and watch with you. The * is that they have 4 movies weekly you can "buy" a ticket for $3.99. But there are constant user movies being screened for free if that doesn't appeal to you.

5) VRchat: Beginning to show its age but still the easiest way for casual socialization on VR.

6) I'll mention that there are a lot of short and cheap/free fully 3D Movies on Steam that are worth a view, such as "A Conscious Mind", music videos, etc.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Iron Man VR game coming to virtual reality is a truly unique experience. Iron man VR got to play at Gamescom kicked off in an epic way by loading you into the suit itself.
You could hear and feel all the parts from head to toe slowly building around your body it was fantastic and the moment the visor closes you really start to get into it the interface boots up.
And you get to see all the hub Tony Stark uses to control suit so they gave two PlayStation Move controllers, that had to use to fire up repulsor Jets. The pre-order is already available in United States, Canada, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Peru, and a few other countries for $350.

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
The demo fully sold me on it. They seem to make good use of the limited Move controllers. I could point you to a few more than 2 worthwhile PSVR exclusives, most not even requiring Moves, but I get that I'm a rare case of VR nut who just needed a both a PCVR headset and PSVR.

I played Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on VR (for my first time) last Christmas when a friend of my nephew brought with him a VR set. While I did not really understand why you have to see parts of the avatar's arms all the time, I did really love the feel of suspense. I basically had to move my whole body when turning corners because I was sooo afraid of what I might see. Overall a very good game and a scary experience using VR.

Reactions: Chriz86
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I played Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on VR (for my first time) last Christmas when a friend of my nephew brought with him a VR set. While I did not really understand why you have to see parts of the avatar's arms all the time, I did really love the feel of suspense. I basically had to move my whole body when turning corners because I was sooo afraid of what I might see. Overall a very good game and a scary experience using VR.
Horror is really crazy in VR. You really feel threatened. Played through Alien Isolation way back on my DK2 with the native support. Amazing experience.

Reactions: Frindis
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS