Beginner Tips for a Successful Start in Cities: Skylines 2

Nov 1, 2023
Visit site
Sharing on Beginners Guide to Cities Skylines 2

1. Choose the Best Starting Map:
Begin with a small map to keep things manageable. Starting small allows you to grasp the intricacies of city development without feeling overwhelmed. Use the resources tab to assess available resources in your chosen map.

2. Keep Zones Separate:
To maintain a healthy and efficient city, it's crucial to separate residential, commercial, and industrial zones. Mixing these zones can lead to negative impacts such as pollution and traffic problems. Decide early on where each zone should be located and stick to the plan. Remember to consider wind directions as air pollution can travel with the wind.

3. Generate Quick Income:
Roads can be a valuable source of early cash flow. By implementing a roadside parking fee policy, you can charge people for parking and generate some income. Additionally, producing and selling cheap green energy, like wind power, to other cities can help boost your finances.

Oct 30, 2023
Visit site
I have a similar question: does the location of factories in the city have any effect? Because I see that there is some kind of wind direction here and in theory it should change. But if fumes from factories are harmful to residents, then should this wind direction be taken into account?

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
What to do with waste? In my city, waste is poured into the sea/river, and I seem to understand that this is harmful to the environment, but I have not found any instructions on how to dispose of it.
It seems like I saw that it is possible to build a water supply system. But what to do with recycling is really unclear. Build a separate recycling plant? And who will agree to work on it?

Welcome to the forum :)

To maintain a healthy and efficient city, it's crucial to separate residential, commercial, and industrial zones

Where do these tips come from? It would be odd if the game goes against recent urban planning initiatives to revitalize city centers by mixing in residential units, as well as experiments in multi-use buildings—eg can swap between apartments or hotel rooms or offices, all in the same building.

Reactions: stormluisss
Welcome to the forum :)

Where do these tips come from? It would be odd if the game goes against recent urban planning initiatives to revitalize city centers by mixing in residential units, as well as experiments in multi-use buildings—eg can swap between apartments or hotel rooms or offices, all in the same building.
From Cities Skylines 1? A lot of CS1 tips are going to be similar in CS2.
There is actually mixed commercial/residential zoning according to https://cs2.paradoxwikis.com/Zoning

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
I have a similar question: does the location of factories in the city have any effect? Because I see that there is some kind of wind direction here and in theory it should change. But if fumes from factories are harmful to residents, then should this wind direction be taken into account?
It seems to have an effect, if you build factories with harmful waste emissions in the city, the air will deteriorate and people will complain, and then they will start to get sick. Yes, and this spoils the picture of the city

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
And I seem to have some problems with the city. In general, real estate construction has abruptly stopped, although there is enough money and labor. Are there any strikes from people here?
I think you should lower your taxes, I've had that happen. The town almost died. Now I'm trying to build a new one with all the mistakes I've made. Wish me luck

Oct 24, 2023
Visit site
I think you should lower your taxes, I've had that happen. The town almost died. Now I'm trying to build a new one with all the mistakes I've made. Wish me luck
Well... he died for me too. But my people are divided into the rich and the homeless. That’s why I simply moved the rich people to a hotel in a new part of the city, while the homeless people remained in the ghetto

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts