Question ASROCK Z77 extreme4 oc prob.

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
Old question but still can't find resolution. Have a ASRock Z77 extreme4 with a 2600k the highest multi. U can enter is x38 and it doesn't stick. Only was to oc it is bclock. Needed the extra lane for gtx 1060 6gb so I got the asrock. The Asus board i could safely oc to right around 4.8-4.9 Ghz water cooled of course. Did the x38 asrock problem ever get fixed? And if so how? Oldie but goldie

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
I've had this issue since I upgraded from my P67LE, would have gone back to it but I somehow damaged the socket on removal and I would lose another lane. Dont think my 1060 6gb would like it for sure. I have tried it all from reflashing to 2.70 bios up to what I'm running now 3.00. Hard reset Cmos, I've thrown the sink at it and all for naught. Finally gave up trying and just use it. New Corsair 750 watt plus. Vengeance pro ram. I just got no even remote ideas on it. But its a doozie

Yea its a weird one. I've had BIOS's get stuck at certain OC settings that wouldnt shift until CMOS cleared but nothign like what you have here.

Googled it and found a lot of different issues to yours but nothing quite the same.

Might want to try over at Toms Hardware forums, more likely someone there can help.

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
Tried them both already. Tom's didn't help any ASROCK just acted like they rode the short short bus and ate crayons. Im sure its the MB. Heck last night I did a cold reset. Everything was running good I was clearing it out cause I was gonna get down on some D3. Code 55 when I turned it back on no ram when there are 2×8 sticks in it and it does this quite often. I have to pull both sticks and reinsert them a couple of times and it will boot. Run memtest and ram is 💯. I do know that I will never own another ASROCK anything. Going to spend a little extra and go back to ASUS. Never had any problems with them. ASROCK nightmare. Time for a upgrade when I can save enough. Only thing I should be able to use out this system is my PSU corsair RM750X, and my 1060 6gb. It's been upgraded all it can be basically. I try and future proof much as possible and I've run out. 10 year total upgraded is what I have gotten out my last 2 builds I think that's pretty dern good. I even tried overclocking.com and they couldn't help. I don't even have an option for XMP in my BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS