Question Asrock RX 570 not being recognized.

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Got a replacement GPU about 3 months ago and the other day was playing Destiny 2. Switched over to Dead by Daylight custom lobby with my friends. As the lobby started loading the screen went black and the sound in my headset glitched out. Turned it off and on and it was working fine. As soon as I started a game up again and it tried to load in it crashed again. Third time screen went black but sound didnt glitch. Could still hear everything fine but no luck with the video. Checked the GPU and the fans werent running and kinda smelt like a soldering iron but nothing was hot. Now the PC boots and everything seems fine even the GPU fans but the PC isnt found by the monitor. Checked the HDMI and monitor itself and theres no problems. Have tried taking the GPU out and putting it back in but still no luck. Have no clue what's going on. Also have tried with a DVI cable incase the HDMI port is fried and still no luck.

Last edited:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Frankly it seems to me like your GPU is fried. If you have an integrated GPU you can put away your RX 570 and see if you can run anything on integrated card. If you don't have it, then maybe ask some friend to give you some GPU just to test.

What PSU you're on btw?

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Frankly it seems to me like your GPU is fried. If you have an integrated GPU you can put away your RX 570 and see if you can run anything on integrated card. If you don't have it, then maybe ask some friend to give you some GPU just to test.

What PSU you're on btw?
Yeah I think its fried too. I don't have an integrated one so going to have to borrow a mates, going away on Friday so cant do tests until I get back in a few months, pretty disappointed too since I have a load of uni work on it.

PSU I'm using is the Aywun A1-6000 600w

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I don't believe I have ever heard of Aywun before and even taking a fast Google search doesn't show a lot - I know it may be a bit too much and maybe I am just overreacting but I would probably consider swapping the PSU too. Where I am this brand is totally not heard of and I wouldn't risk putting in another GPU into system with potentially "unsafe" PSU. Take it as you will, a thing to consider - maybe I am just too cautious in this case.

Sorry to hear that this came in a really wrong moment for you. Things tend to break when we really don't want them to.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
I don't believe I have ever heard of Aywun before and even taking a fast Google search doesn't show a lot - I know it may be a bit too much and maybe I am just overreacting but I would probably consider swapping the PSU too. Where I am this brand is totally not heard of and I wouldn't risk putting in another GPU into system with potentially "unsafe" PSU. Take it as you will, a thing to consider - maybe I am just too cautious in this case.

Sorry to hear that this came in a really wrong moment for you. Things tend to break when we really don't want them to.
Nah I agree, have been thinking about replacing it ASAP. Only bought this PC 6-7 months ago from some guy that makes low-mid range gaming PCs and have been meaning to replace some stuff in it. Already upgraded the RAM a week or so ago. Was gonna then change the PSU and GPU when I had the money.

TRENDING THREADS